Oh my god it's twins!

PM79

So the other day I picked up my very first Shimano Stradic 2500FI, this being the first high end reel I've ever owned, and today I picked up another!

I was out at a tackle store to pick up some jig heads when during discussion about the Shimano Symetre reels that were on special I was told that in a week or so they were going to be slashing the prices of the Stradic FI's because the new model is going to be out soon in the original white colour.

They had the 2500 and 3000 models down from $210-$220 to $150 and at that price I not only grumbled that I paid an extra $35 a few days ago but I exploded with excitement as he let me have it for $150 today.

I didn't check the prices of the larger models as I wasn't interested in them, but I can only imagine that they would have a similar saving.

I'll be replacing my Shimano Exage 4000FA that's on my soft plastics kingy rod with the Stradic, I'm about as excited as Big Kev.

Edited by reLapse

Great reel and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

I'm sure I will, I've been dreaming about stradics since I was a teenager.

As soon as we get a new deep cycle battery for the Watersnake I'll be hitting the harbour and hopefuly test it out on some trevs, snapper or any kings that are still hanging around. :1fishing1:

I got the 20lb "Power Pro" By a company that I don;t know of... I think 20lb is taking it to far now that I think about it, but oh well!

Power Pro is put out by Shimano.

I was going to get the Sufix gore braid but they didn't have any.

I've only ever used Nitlon but I've been wanting to try Sunline for some time now, I'll see how it goes.

Edited by reLapse

So the other day I picked up my very first Shimano Stradic 2500FI, this being the first high end reel I've ever owned, and today I picked up another!

I was out at a tackle store to pick up some jig heads when during discussion about the Shimano Symetre reels that were on special I was told that in a week or so they were going to be slashing the prices of the Stradic FI's because the new model is going to be out soon in the original white colour.

They had the 2500 and 3000 models down from $210-$220 to $150 and at that price I not only grumbled that I paid an extra $35 a few days ago but I exploded with excitement as he let me have it for $150 today.

I didn't check the prices of the larger models as I wasn't interested in them, but I can only imagine that they would have a similar saving.

I'll be replacing my Shimano Exage 4000FA that's on my soft plastics kingy rod with the Stradic, I'm about as excited as Big Kev.

mate how much do you pay for the sunline?