Jigging !

Mr.KingSpooled

Hey Raiders,

I recently just baught myself a jigging outfit that Im sure is well capable of handling the biggest of kingies !! Its a Monster Mesh Max Rod 300g match with a 6500 Saltist and 80lb Penn Braid.

I tried jigging this weekend on a mates boat, but no one really knew what they were doing so we just dropped the jigs down and tried to jig them back up, with no results.

Was hoping some raiders who know there jigging would be able to show me the ropes on how to jig for kings or any other species for that matter.

Im more than happy to help out with fuel cost and cleaning of the boat after any trip and drinks too. I just want to learn how to jig the proper way and hopefully make some jigging buddies at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated raiders :D

Cheers,

JezzaLz

First thing to do is go jigging with someone who has a good sounder. You have to find the fish, you can blind fish or wait for the fish to turn up, good technique is not going to help you if there are no fish. I have taken novices out on my boat with no technique at all and they have still caught fish.

If there are no fish, move on or search carefully on known grounds until you find some. I love my Furuno because since I have had it I have rarely come home from jigging with no fish.