First time blackie fishing

brettmann86

Hi Raiders,

took a sickie today and decided to have a go at blackie fishing after talking to a mate who loves it..

arrived at my spot at gentlemans hours 10am and started working the bread burley got a couple yakka's which went out on my livie gear in case of something bigger.. then started this "black art" in earnest.. within 5 minutes i had the first one on the rocks so it was game on after that.. it was a fish a cast although they did slow down considerably around 1 but funny enough that was when my 1st livie was stolen from my hook after soaking for hours on end then within 5 minutes of sending the second one out a was hooked onto a great tailor which was over the 1kg mark after that change of pace i went back to chase the blackies i wound up with 13 for a total plus my 1 tailor which was a welcome change not sure how many i dropped but probably as close to as many landed...

now that i've mastered this style of fishing i might try just whispering fish into my net next time ha ha ha ha ha ha,

all in all a great day and i had the place to myself as well with only 1 other bloke fishing who was pulling in trevors hand over fist.

post-14110-005449800 1309331840_thumb.jpg

I was just using a small bubble float quarter filled with water about 60cm of trace down to a small hook and a tiny split shot sinker

I know weed is the main game but everytime I go to my rock fishing spot the blackies are there and they go nuts for bread burley so bread works for me

Hi Raiders,

took a sickie today and decided to have a go at blackie fishing after talking to a mate who loves it..

arrived at my spot at gentlemans hours 10am and started working the bread burley got a couple yakka's which went out on my livie gear in case of something bigger.. then started this "black art" in earnest.. within 5 minutes i had the first one on the rocks so it was game on after that.. it was a fish a cast although they did slow down considerably around 1 but funny enough that was when my 1st livie was stolen from my hook after soaking for hours on end then within 5 minutes of sending the second one out a was hooked onto a great tailor which was over the 1kg mark after that change of pace i went back to chase the blackies i wound up with 13 for a total plus my 1 tailor which was a welcome change not sure how many i dropped but probably as close to as many landed...

now that i've mastered this style of fishing i might try just whispering fish into my net next time ha ha ha ha ha ha,

all in all a great day and i had the place to myself as well with only 1 other bloke fishing who was pulling in trevors hand over fist.

Nice catch mate! or should i say 'blacki whisperer' : ) lol

Hi Raiders,

Hi mate, as the waters certainly getting cooler i thought it might be worth trying to hook a few blackies... Ive never tried before and was wondering whats sort of float set up i should use and any other techniques which would help bring me home a feed. Ill be fishing the hacking... Any spots would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance...

Any sharks around at the moment mate? Im still keen for a session...

Hey mate sorry I lost ur number! Yeah there are a few about just been keeping my posts quiet is all still working in getting my spots good in the boat..

Caught one a month or so ago near balls head bout 30 kg