Ink Shower

damariboyz

Could someone please help the dope with a lesson on proper squid release technique. If the squid is being brought to the boat does it's ink projectile area point at you or away from you.

How do you despatch a squid without the inevetable ink shower.

Yes your right im a dope. :05::1prop: That's why I fish cause fish dont discriminate.

Regards Russell

And damn that stuff is hard to get off :074::074:

I looked like a creature from the lagoon the 1st time I got done over :ranting2:

cheers

riders

ps. those new fine mesh nets are the go they only ink themselves then :1clap:

I managed to go a few years without getting inked. I jinxed myself on these forums. I had nailed a huge squid at my secret spot and when I brought the thing in the boat, it exploded all over my legs and stomach and the boat was a huge mess, this thing was the Ron Jeremy/Peter North of Broken Bay I tell you! :1yikes:

Edited by Bashir

• 2 weeks later...

best way to avoid getting splashed is to make it squirt all its ink in the water...

To do this all you have to do is slightly raise (ever so slightly) it above the water level so its tentacles are slightly out of the water.. this should induce its defense mechanism... when it does lowever it down to water level... repeat 2-3times until all you see it squirting is water.

what ever you do, just dont take tips from this bloke :1prop::074: I,ve gotta say that,s the funniest fishing pic that i,ve ever seen :risata::bump0ee: If he hasn,t got tinted specs he has now.The poor bloke would have been a ringer for Al Jolsen for a few days.Bloody nice squid though. :1clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Up at lake macquarie my brother and I would often get amongst a school of squid and bring in 10 or so in our little 6ft yacht tender. Being young and immature, it would often turn into a water/ink pistol fight, with both of us using the bucket to "reload"

the stuff stinks and they can be slippery little buggers!