Twisted dropper

PRED-ATOR

Hi Raiders,

Whenever i tie paternoster rigs i have 2 - 3 droppers on them. 2 with bait and one with a large shad style plastic.

My droppers are not the normal loop or single line, i use twisted droppers.

My mate was showing me this youtube video of how the guy does it his way and i tried it and it simply does not work! even in one of the knot books it shows the same way which i dont see working at all.

Basically the gy twists the line then locks it, but unless you have 3 hands this will just unfold not to mention it will unfold when it is locked anyway.

But maybe im doing it wrong? what i do it twist the line continually until it forms a long twisted dropper. I then pull the line tight and let it go, this coils back up in the form of my twisted dropper. I then lock it. Its the most simple and effective way but knowone else seems to do it this way?

How does everyone tie their twisted droppers?

Cheers, Stan

it does work - just takes a bit of practice

it took me a while to get, but once i learned how to tie a "normal" dropper loop, the twisted part is just icing on the cake. The twisted part has no effect on the knot itself, its just a modification to make the dropper extend out from the mainline

when you say you create the twist part, and then lock it ??? im not sure what u mean here. Normally all you need to do is pinch the twist at the base to stop it unrevelling. Then with the two loose ends of line, create two large loops (larger they are the easier it is)and bring the ends of the loop around, so the hand thats pinching the twist also holds the loose ends. then just wind the loops around each other 5 times and feed the twist through the middle (bit hard to explain without diagrams).

practice makes perfect

it took me a while to get, but once i learned how to tie a "normal" dropper loop, the twisted part is just icing on the cake. The twisted part has no effect on the knot itself, its just a modification to make the dropper extend out from the mainline

when you say you create the twist part, and then lock it ??? im not sure what u mean here. Normally all you need to do is pinch the twist at the base to stop it unrevelling. Then with the two loose ends of line, create two large loops (larger they are the easier it is)and bring the ends of the loop around, so the hand thats pinching the twist also holds the loose ends. then just wind the loops around each other 5 times and feed the twist through the middle (bit hard to explain without diagrams).

practice makes perfect

Thats the way I do it too. Got it from a Geoff Wilson book.It takes some practice but now i use it all the time. off boat and when beach fishing.

Dave

practice makes perfect

Im going to have to make a video lol, and i think you will also im interested to see how you guys do it.

I guess where both getting the same result though.

Cheers, Stan