Bluefin Tuna.

nicktoozoff

Hi All,

For all of those of you who like to chase the tuna down the south coast, we have been hearing awesome reports from down Bermagui and Narooma way. Blue fin in plague proportions once berleyed to the back of the boat in excess of 100kg. Fish have been caught on everything and anything with reports of fish taking sausages', donuts, cigarette butts, coke cans basicaly anything that goes over the side,(not that I recommend chucking crap over the side). A few guys have even been hand feeding them over the side, until fingers were mistaken for a food source :wacko: !!

Get into them if you are able, they might not hang around too long.

Nick.

For those that cant make it down south lets all hope they

make their way up to Sydney. :1yikes:

cheers :biggrin2:

yeah for those of us that cant afford to go down there for the weekend :biggrin2:

I certainly wish I had the boat to go out get a few

They have been catching them around the sea mounts of Narooma and Bermi, which is about 25mile off shore. A bit hit and miss at times, but when they are on they are thick. Good luck.............

Dave

They have been catching them around the sea mounts of Narooma and Bermi, which is about 25mile off shore. A bit hit and miss at times, but when they are on they are thick. Good luck.............

Dave

Yep, that's about right Dave 25miles, Further if going out from Bateman's Bay, about 50miles.

Hi All,

For all of those of you who like to chase the tuna down the south coast, we have been hearing awesome reports from down Bermagui and Narooma way. Blue fin in plague proportions once berleyed to the back of the boat in excess of 100kg. Fish have been caught on everything and anything with reports of fish taking sausages', donuts, cigarette butts, coke cans basicaly anything that goes over the side,(not that I recommend chucking crap over the side). A few guys have even been hand feeding them over the side, until fingers were mistaken for a food source :wacko: !!

Get into them if you are able, they might not hang around too long.

Nick.

Good to see they're not bait shy :074::074::074:

Hoping they pop in to Sydney for a visit :1fishing1:

I'll be kind to their palate and feed them gourmet pilchards :lol::lol::lol:

chris.

JUst got back!

Most EPIC fishing, I'd rate it up there in my top 3 of fishing experiences. We didn't get a barrel but made up in serious numbers! :1yikes:

We popped jigged cubes and stick baited :yahoo: them to 35kgs and near every cast or drop got smashed for 4.5hrs straight before we pulled the pin and came in before dark.

Get down there before it goes!

GregL

JUst got back!

Most EPIC fishing, I'd rate it up there in my top 3 of fishing experiences. We didn't get a barrel but made up in serious numbers! :1yikes:

We popped jigged cubes and stick baited :yahoo: them to 35kgs and near every cast or drop got smashed for 4.5hrs straight before we pulled the pin and came in before dark.

Get down there before it goes!

GregL

There is amazing numbers out there at the moment. The morning fishing report on the radio is 'blue fin, blue fin, the occasional yft ... and more blue fin!' :biggrin2: