shoalhaven river 2nd & 3rd july

benny boi

Went down the coast for the weekend for another top weekend of fishing on the shoalhaven river.This time i fished solo both days in the little car topper tinny,hit the water about 7.30am on both days in search of a few winter flathead using soft plastics.The first cast on saturday morning got smashed by a nice flatty and the action was fairly consistant for the next few hours managing to reach my bag limit by 11am,ranging in size from 38cm to 60cm and 1 27cm bream with plenty of throw backs.I was fishing with a 4lb leader on saturday with a light drag setting although i did get busted up a few times and lost a honker of a bream at the boat it was a great morning.(gave 4 of my fish and some advise to a nice bloke at the cleaning table who was new to soft plastic fishing and diddnt have much luck in his yak that morning).Upgraded my leader on sunday to 10lb and the bite slowed down slightly (heaps of small stuff) but still managed to bag out with ten nice flatties i think the biggest today was about 56cm.All fish were caught on a range of squigies with a 1/4 ounce jig head.ps just finished feeding my face with some beer battered fillets yummo :) cheers benny boi.

post-19229-004449700 1309682380_thumb.jpg

post-19229-023380600 1309682418_thumb.jpg

post-19229-084277000 1309682501_thumb.jpg

post-19229-067147200 1309682531_thumb.jpg

Great feed there Benny! :thumbup:

I don't know how you land anything using silly string (4lb leader). Top effort even when you upgraded to 10lb. :thumbup:

Couple of great days fishing down the coast!

Cheers

Peter

Great feed there Benny! :thumbup:

I don't know how you land anything using silly string (4lb leader). Top effort even when you upgraded to 10lb. :thumbup:

Couple of great days fishing down the coast!

Cheers

Peter

Thanks boys!!!The silly string can cost you a few fish lol but its all fun.