A Day in Broken Bay

Robofish

Hi Raiders,

Me and my mate went out fishing today and met up with fellow raider Stan (aka Pred-ator) for a day around Broken Bay and the Hawkesbury. The weather conditions were spot on and after filling up on yakkas at West Head we set off to troll around Barrenjoey. 3 lures out the back and as we get to the bommie the fishinder screen fills up with a big ball of fish and all three rods went off :thumbup: With 3 of us in my boat with a lot of gear and 3 reasonable acrobatic salmon hooked up it was hilarious as we tripped over each other and queued up for the net. The salmon were a decent size and it was a first for my mate Rob with a new species :yahoo: We all caught fish and Stan got most hits on his lucky X-Rap. We trolled around for a little longer, picked up some more sambos and then headed out to the 40m mark off Palm Beach as I heard that there had been a few flatties caught - we didn't find any but did find a gazillion jackets!!!! It was fun catching them at first but a number of snips later we decided to try a bit closer to the shore line. By the way can anyone tell me why jackets love biting nylon as they were biting me off a good way from the hooks or bait? :wacko: We had a few drifts closer in and found some flathead and guess what......more jackets! there must be millions of them around right now. After that Stan took us up the Hawkesbury to show us some of his spots, he promises to put me onto my first jewie but it wasn't to be today.

It was a beautiful day to be out and great to meet a fellow raider-Stan you are a top bloke and I am looking forward to you showing me the ropes in the harbour.

Dave

post-13472-026701500 1309688970_thumb.jpg

post-13472-090654300 1309689066_thumb.jpg

post-13472-024348200 1309689114_thumb.jpg

post-13472-085919100 1309689269_thumb.jpg

Nice sambos, jackets are everywhere atm! Last year i got one on a popper in 20m of water! Weird eh.... They get big too! Great eating but for some reason they like the line! Had this happen a few times to me aswell!

Tom

looks like a top day out there.

jackets are a pest. not sure about why but i always try to not touch anywhere but the hook with bait smelling hands when they are around. even the scent of bait anywhere on the line is excuse enough for them to have a bite.

Good luck with the jew hunting !

Morgs

Well done guys, looks and sounds like you had a good time apart from the jackets. Those jackets eat everything they see or smell, swivels,

line knots as well as all the terminal end. Nice day out though... :thumbup:

:1fishing1:

Hi Raiders,

Me and my mate went out fishing today and met up with fellow raider Stan (aka Pred-ator) for a day around Broken Bay and the Hawkesbury. The weather conditions were spot on and after filling up on yakkas at West Head we set off to troll around Barrenjoey. 3 lures out the back and as we get to the bommie the fishinder screen fills up with a big ball of fish and all three rods went off :thumbup: With 3 of us in my boat with a lot of gear and 3 reasonable acrobatic salmon hooked up it was hilarious as we tripped over each other and queued up for the net. The salmon were a decent size and it was a first for my mate Rob with a new species :yahoo: We all caught fish and Stan got most hits on his lucky X-Rap. We trolled around for a little longer, picked up some more sambos and then headed out to the 40m mark off Palm Beach as I heard that there had been a few flatties caught - we didn't find any but did find a gazillion jackets!!!! It was fun catching them at first but a number of snips later we decided to try a bit closer to the shore line. By the way can anyone tell me why jackets love biting nylon as they were biting me off a good way from the hooks or bait? :wacko: We had a few drifts closer in and found some flathead and guess what......more jackets! there must be millions of them around right now. After that Stan took us up the Hawkesbury to show us some of his spots, he promises to put me onto my first jewie but it wasn't to be today.

It was a beautiful day to be out and great to meet a fellow raider-Stan you are a top bloke and I am looking forward to you showing me the ropes in the harbour.

Dave

Great days fishing guys :thumbup::thumbup:

Salmon are definately great sport fish to catch , well done .

Start using deep sea wire guys and bag out on those tasty jackets , there only going to become thicker as the eater temp drops :1fishing1::1fishing1:

chris.

Thanks again Dave and Rob for a great day was alot of fun! as i type this from my office im wishing i was back out there again today as its such a nice day! look forward to taking yous out in a couple of weeks

Cheers, Stan