Coogee beach

johnny doi

Hi raiders,as its school holidays im thinkn of taking my 7yr old young bloke for a leisurely beach fish either thurs arvo/nite or early friday morning hopefuly b4 the wind piks up.im gna fish coogee cos we r stayn the nite at my mother in laws house which is 5mins to the beach.wantd to ask if any1 has fishd coogee or evn bronte recently?hoping to get my son his 1st sambo.if any1 has fishd eithr beach,wat did u catch & wat bait/lures workd?plan is to fish whole or halved pillys,gar,yakka & bonito slabs whilst flickn metals & plastics.only planing to fish 2-3hrs max,but i would love to see the young fella do battle with a nice ozzy salmon.any help or tips wil b much appreciated.thanx in advance. Cheers johnny.

I've had plenty of success at Coogee - it's a great beach for sambos. Whole pillies and big chunks of squid have worked for me.

The biggest challenge is getting the line out without upsetting the nearby swimmers, but if you manage to get it out then hold on coz it won't last long at this time of year.