Ausie Salmon

Basil D

Hey Pongrass, well I had the Bonito cocktail style and I was impressed.

Fillet the Salmon, debone, skin off and you can see a huge blood line through the middle,REMOVE IT and dont leave any red behind.

Thin slice the Salmon about an inch thick and dunk into the beer batter made of flour, beer, chilli as much as you want, fry until Golden Brown and put the salt last, some lemon slices and away you Go.

Met a Bloke down at Garrie yesterday and the was told to make a dip made of Balsamic vinegar, crushed Garlic and chilli, wasn't Bad as dip.

will make The smoked Salmon next time.

Ps I have tried smoked Bonito and Tailor, not bad at all and one thing for sure, after a fishing trip you build up such an appetite the only thing to satisfy you is fresh fish :thumbup:

Has anyone got another Salmon recipe to try.

my fave way of doing salmon isnt all that fancy but its good and simple and is awsome if there fresh, just fillet the salmon and in a plastic bag put a bit of flour, generous helping of lemon pepper and a lil bit of salt n pepper to if you like, shake the fillets around in the bag to give them a nice coating then lightly pan fry with a little bit of oil, thats how I did the one I caught yesterday for lunch and it was really tender and moist. If you like garlic a pinch of garlic salt instead of regular salt in the bag goes well to

Edited by newbie88