Using fluro carbon leader ?

Izza

Hi dude's

Just a question on fluro carbon leader hows the best way to use it I usually just tie my rig up by taking 2 swivels and cut 2 lengths of line about 15-20cm long, I then tie one end of the cut line to a medium sized pyramid sinker and the other end to a swivel I then run the main line through the swivel and tie it off on the other swivel, then I attach the other bit of line to the 2nd swivel (running through the sinker swivel) to which I attach the hooks, would I use the leader instead of my 2nd piece of cut line? I bought some spider wire ultra cast fluro carbon today and used this method and found that the leader actucally wrapped around on itself the sinker and the swivels alot more than when I use just another piece of line from my reel, the swell was quite large today and a fairly strong pull to the left under the water so maybe the condition's were not right, any tip's or advice would be greatly appreciated

tight lines guys

Edited by newbie88

He's using a running rig - one swivel is running on the main line, the other is a stopper with a leader to the hook.

I'm assuming your using this on the beach?

To fix your problem, shorten the leader between the running swivel and the sinker, you shouldn't need 20cm for that bit. Try tying it down short to 5cms or less and they shouldn't wrap around each other.

Another way to sort it out is to remove the sinker leader altogether and just run the main line through the eye of the sinker. You may need to use a bigger stopper swivel or crimp the sinker eye a little, or you could use a snap swivel on the sinker instead of a leader.

Hi. A crossline swivel is a swivel with three rings on it. One on top middle bottom. U can buy it at ****** bigw or any tackle shop. You can search for paternoster rig on google or youtube. I always use the rig when i go beach fishing. Its very effective.