Cold and windy day on the Parra.

GregL

Today it was bloody freezing!

Westerlys funneled down the river and for most of the day, against tide made fishing seriously hard.

I recon it only took 5 casts for Richard to nail the first Jew for the day but then it just went to crap. Wind got stronger, temp didnt feel like it got any warmer and I recon if we didnt get the first so soon we wouldn't have lasted as long as we did!

I didn't score the second till lunch time and that was after doing a lap down the harbour looking for greener pastures.

Copped a bashing out in the harbour chop/ferry wash for Browney to catch this massive cod! :biggrin2:

post-3563-057041400 1310210414_thumb.jpg

Richards one from the morning

post-3563-068416700 1310210471_thumb.jpg

Mine after lunch

post-3563-016614200 1310210567_thumb.jpg

Thanks again Richard for the day out in ya tub and Browney for the "extra" red bulls! Better luck next time mate!

Greg

Nice looking Jewies, well done Greg & Richard! Bad luck, Browney! Next time! It was pretty cold up here over the last couple of days too! Even the sand had frost on it at 6.30am!!

Roberta

Good work Guys,

You guys are very brave at least you managed some fish for your trouble's,

I guess that shows how dedicated you are to fishing,

I might take a look around today for some new lures and start my quest for a Jewie on a lure.

Great Jewies guys!!

Regards,

Nathan

Good work in trying conditions fellas.glad you got a couple nice schoolies for your efforts. Greg,what lures work best for you guys on the parra/harbour jew,do you use hard or soft lures?all my jew on lures have come on sp's except 1 on blade.havnt scored 1 on hb but not from lack of tryn.lol.also do you fish for jew up around gladesville/rhodes,if so,any tips on areas to try?pm if u prefer. Top work once again,keep em coming. Cheers johnny.

Good work in trying conditions fellas.glad you got a couple nice schoolies for your efforts. Greg,what lures work best for you guys on the parra/harbour jew,do you use hard or soft lures?all my jew on lures have come on sp's except 1 on blade.havnt scored 1 on hb but not from lack of tryn.lol.also do you fish for jew up around gladesville/rhodes,if so,any tips on areas to try?pm if u prefer. Top work once again,keep em coming. Cheers johnny.

Hey Johnny

We were fishing soft vibe lures similar to the jackall TN70 mask vibe and soft plastics. We focus on any of the deep holes and target the drop offs that scatter the harbour. Wrecks are also favs but you do lose a few lures around these. Your sounder is very important part of the lure game. We usually can find the fish on the sounder before bites so it's important that you know how to drive yours to get the best reading. Side scan that RIchard has is amazing. Search 100ft out each side as well as up and down. Cuts search time in quarter! Jews should come up as big arches on or just off the bottom.

Greg