Hairtailing

GregL

I work college has had his boat now for over 12 months and has struggled to put a decent fish over the side.

During our last work conference a few of us went for a few beers and a cast around the Enterence for an afternoon. We had a great time "bonding" so what a great way to get another bonding session going! :biggrin2:

So with a little early mark 4 of us set off down to Akuna Bay to launch the boat and off the JB for a session on the Hairy's.

It all started off pretty slow, great conditions with a pretty mild night. Even back at the car around 11, the temp was only 6 degrees. Pretty good I thought.

I think it took 45min before we scored the first with plenty of burley thrown in to get the bait around and was hoping to try keep them around once they turned up but as soon as they appeared they disappeared...

Every 20 mins or so they would return and a couple of us would score a fish on every pass. IN the end we kept half a dozen for a feed and with everything washed down it was back home around midnight. A great fun night out with the boys and will have to do it again soon.

Couple of pics.

post-3563-031570300 1310435230_thumb.jpg

post-3563-092998000 1310435272_thumb.jpg

post-3563-026092900 1310435383_thumb.jpg

Greg