Boat Box Storage Ideas Anyone

cut_loose

Just wondering if any guys know where i can these made up and how much they would cost, they look to be alloy, Garry mate, any ideas ?

I think they would be good for me because i would be able to store my tackle nice and dry, and i would be able to sit up abit higher over the windscreen which would be really nice

post-7089-009107200 1310709487_thumb.png

post-7089-051263200 1310709495_thumb.png

Ask around your local area for a metal working factory/ welders or try seriously stainless not sure what the difference would price wise between alloy & stainless but I know which I would prefer.

Bias & bcf have a good range of doors and tackle boxes work out what you want & get the measurements so that the hole can be cut while making the box.

if you do get them made and they are high enough concider puting a shelf 1/2 way and have top & bottom doors. I have similar in my boat and find that 50% of the space in the box gets wasted, I was thinking of installing a glove compartment at top opposit side of the main door to utilise some of the waste but being alloy it would be too week and need re-enforcing.

Brett

Hi Cut_Loose,

I looked at making my own but found these from All FibreGlass in Melbourne (contact Tony Tubby 0403 656 756). I think from memory they were about $350 which seems expensive but when you take into account materials and labour etc i thought they were good value for money. They stand about 430mm high so you sit comfortably without your knees under your chin.

post-16856-085194100 1310721040_thumb.jpg

Ask around your local area for a metal working factory/ welders or try seriously stainless not sure what the difference would price wise between alloy & stainless but I know which I would prefer.

Bias & bcf have a good range of doors and tackle boxes work out what you want & get the measurements so that the hole can be cut while making the box.

if you do get them made and they are high enough concider puting a shelf 1/2 way and have top & bottom doors. I have similar in my boat and find that 50% of the space in the box gets wasted, I was thinking of installing a glove compartment at top opposit side of the main door to utilise some of the waste but being alloy it would be too week and need re-enforcing.

Brett

Hi Brett, i am going to call a few places. Thanks for the advice with the design i will take that into consideration.

I made some exactly the same out of marine ply a few years ago, i had some built in tackle box's in them. the Ply held up really well and didn't add much weight.

Hi Jon, that sounds really good mate, do you have any pictures ? were they hard to build ? what did you need ? i appreciate it.

Hi Cut_Loose,

I looked at making my own but found these from All FibreGlass in Melbourne (contact Tony Tubby 0403 656 756). I think from memory they were about $350 which seems expensive but when you take into account materials and labour etc i thought they were good value for money. They stand about 430mm high so you sit comfortably without your knees under your chin.

Hi Troutman, was that price for just one ? did it include the seat ? looks great, cheers mate

Edited by cut_loose

I'm looking to get some of these as well. But hopefully at least one made of alloy/stainless with a fuel tank built into it to increase my range. I assume you've had a look at these already but there's a company in avalon that makes them called Boat Box

Boat Box Site