New Boat Trailer

BFB

I do not want to start an argument here but am just after some advice. I am looking at purchasing a new boat trailer and just want some honest feedback on the brand(s) of trailers I should be looking at and those to avoid.

My boat is a 5.2 metres Haines Hunter fibreglass with a 115 Etec outboard. All up weight most likely just under the tonne mark, but not exactly sure. I am looking for a trailer which is easy to load and unload the boat. I also prefer, when I have someone to help me, to be able to drive the boat onto the trailer.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated but generally looking at pros and cons in regards to different manufacturers.

Had a custom made TMC trailer made a couple of years ago,for my old Seafarer Ventura 5.2.

Could'nt be happier with it's performance,and it was cheaper than the mass produced ones as well.

If i were you ,i would check out the custom options before you blow your fun tickets on something that may not quite suit your hull.

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

Hi Guys i had 530 haines with a 115 johnson on a tinka trailer ,never had any problems launching the boat as a matter of fact i did not have to get my feet wet it slid off very easily , as for retrival i would simply drive the boat on without any diffuclty, as for towing on the freeway you would not even know the boat was there .C heers Laurie.

Hi, in my opinion the Tinka brand is the best and why we fit to most new glass hulls. Yes they are the not the cheapest but they are also not the dearest but they are good value for the build quality, design and features. You will find in the day, when some leading brands offered BMT packages that Tinka was under the premium hulls like Haines Hunter, Seafarer and Cruisecraft.

PM me if you would like the Raider price on a Tinka trailer to suit you HH.

Cheers,

Huey.