Surf Fishing Line tried and tested.

besmoken

Hi Raiders,

Been reading for a while, and decided to make my first post. I live on the beach, garage to the sand. Its great.

I do a lot of fishing from the beach to say the least.

Anyway, I have found a very cost effective and line to use. But no sacrifices.

Kokoda GT-R Ultra 30x Abrasion mono.

It is super strong, when you feel it you will instantly notice how different it feels. smooth. Super low memory and stretch. Knots slip in place perfect.

Also excellent to join to other lines. Which leads me to my next point. It works as a fantastic leader. 30lb to 40lb is so strong its scary.

Also a perfect line to practice knots on.

You will get 300 meters of surf leader for $20.

This is tested, and tested. I have not bought leader in years.

And of course for main line goes with out saying.

See ya. Let me know how ya go

Hi Raiders,

Been reading for a while, and decided to make my first post. I live on the beach, garage to the sand. Its great.

I do a lot of fishing from the beach to say the least.

Anyway, I have found a very cost effective and line to use. But no sacrifices.

Kokoda GT-R Ultra 30x Abrasion mono.

It is super strong, when you feel it you will instantly notice how different it feels. smooth. Super low memory and stretch. Knots slip in place perfect.

Also excellent to join to other lines. Which leads me to my next point. It works as a fantastic leader. 30lb to 40lb is so strong its scary.

Also a perfect line to practice knots on.

You will get 300 meters of surf leader for $20.

This is tested, and tested. I have not bought leader in years.

And of course for main line goes with out saying.

See ya. Let me know how ya go

Cheers - good to know. Do they only make in 300M spools? Sounds suitable to Alvey reels too but I'd want more than 300M.

S.

Spizza

I use platypus Lo stretch on my Alveys, what do you use?

Hi mate, for my Alvey's I use a combination of the following: Tortue, Platypus LoStretch, Schneider and Momoi (Jap). I've also used the cheap Jarvis Walker line range in the past and highly rate it too, never let me down. Just need to keep the gear in good order, wash down in freshwater after each trip and stored in dry, cool locations etc.

Cheers,

Spiro

Also great of the rocks. I think it is actually designed for the rocks. Hence its great as leader.

I love the Platinum lo stretch too, mmmmm Orange colour.

They are quite a similar line.

The GTR is not a stiff so you do have to be careful when spooling an Alvey. Get that spontaneous Alvey Birds Nest. Look down and :ranting2:

Love my mono. Braid has made fishing a more expensive exercise.

I have found simplifying everything back has helped my results and over all enjoyment. I only have a few sinker/gang rigs in zip lock bags, bait and beer :thumbup:

Less gear keeps you on target. And bait in the water. :1fishing1:

Also great of the rocks. I think it is actually designed for the rocks. Hence its great as leader.

I love the Platinum lo stretch too, mmmmm Orange colour.

They are quite a similar line.

The GTR is not a stiff so you do have to be careful when spooling an Alvey. Get that spontaneous Alvey Birds Nest. Look down and :ranting2:

Love my mono. Braid has made fishing a more expensive exercise.

I have found simplifying everything back has helped my results and over all enjoyment. I only have a few sinker/gang rigs in zip lock bags, bait and beer :thumbup:

Less gear keeps you on target. And bait in the water. :1fishing1:

Re Mono vs. Braid, I think it comes down to a personal preference. I know some gun Jew guys (surf) who swear by braid these days as they feel a lot more connected to what is going on pre and during the battle :).

Re Mono vs. Braid, I think it comes down to a personal preference. I know some gun Jew guys (surf) who swear by braid these days as they feel a lot more connected to what is going on pre and during the battle :).

Of course, near zero stretch.... Shame braid is no good on Alveys

Of course, near zero stretch.... Shame braid is no good on Alveys

agree, but I'm still happy with the lo-stretch mono's out there on the Alvey, and too be honest when washing up a heavy fish, I prefer that my line will stretch a little.