TCD Thurs and Monday

Hi Raiders

I went to Thommos on Thursday of last week and a return trip on Monday of this week. Thursday started very slowly, but after a few moves, I managed a sweet spot of three in three casts. All rainbows, one female 47 cm, one 30 cm tiddler and one male about 49 cm. After that things went dead quiet. On Monday I returned with high hopes, but found that Delta had pumped the dame even higher. It's the highest I have ever seen it and I did not see a fish all day. I guess that's fishing, but very disappointing nonetheless. I will attempt to add some photos.

Regards

Flycaster

Ive been up to Lake Wallice and Lake Lyell four times in the past three months and only managed one small trout on the first trip. I used bait, lures, flies, everything and nothing. Every trip saw no fish caught by any one. This year delta electricity have made it really hard to fish these lakes. They have been pumping the water between the three lakes like crazy causing havoc with the thermoclines therefore shutting down the fish. This year has been by far the worst trout fishing season in the last 15 years of fishing the three lakes. Even during the drought you were able to catch trout.

Ive been up to Lake Wallice and Lake Lyell four times in the past three months and only managed one small trout on the first trip. I used bait, lures, flies, everything and nothing. Every trip saw no fish caught by any one. This year delta electricity have made it really hard to fish these lakes. They have been pumping the water between the three lakes like crazy causing havoc with the thermoclines therefore shutting down the fish. This year has been by far the worst trout fishing season in the last 15 years of fishing the three lakes. Even during the drought you were able to catch trout.

Hi Nanook, Cheman and Gregl

Thommo's has been slow fishing these last couple of weeks, due in part to the wildly fluctuating water levels and the false spawning mode of the fish. Caddis and I were up there yesterday and got one each for the day on fly. The spinner boys, however seemed to be quite well. I think once the water level goes down a bit and stabilises, the fishing will return to its best. We tend not to fish in Lyell or Wallace. We went up to Oberon Dam yesterday afternoon for a donut, but we didn't have the time to really explore.

Cheers to all

Flycaster

(Ross)