windang breakwall

Izza

went down to the break wall today fished from about 3ish to 5ish landed 2 small salmon about 20-25cm so I chucked them back couple of other guys that were there caught a few to so yeah there round there at the momment I guess haha the water was pretty clear to which was suprising given the amount of rain which has been around

what sort of gear and bait do u use? Im looking into getting gear setup for fishing of rocks and breakwalls, sort of sick of catching small bream in windang atm. Today around 3-6ish caught 3 bream under 20cm.

what sort of gear and bait do u use? Im looking into getting gear setup for fishing of rocks and breakwalls, sort of sick of catching small bream in windang atm. Today around 3-6ish caught 3 bream under 20cm.

To fish from the rocks or high break walls, where you can't get close to the water or edge, you would want to arm youself with a surf rod, and use quite heavy line 15 to 20 lbs, as you'll have to be able to flick/lift the fish up and onto land without the line snapping when doing so.

For bait, if you want to target salmons and tailor, a whole pillie on gang hooks will be your best bet.

Good Luck.

To fish from the rocks or high break walls, where you can't get close to the water or edge, you would want to arm youself with a surf rod, and use quite heavy line 15 to 20 lbs, as you'll have to be able to flick/lift the fish up and onto land without the line snapping when doing so.

For bait, if you want to target salmons and tailor, a whole pillie on gang hooks will be your best bet.

Good Luck.

and a surf popper upline from the pilli seems to work well too have fun, pirate

Word of advise,

If you do buy a "surf rod" consider its weight..

If you are standing up holding a 12 foot stick out at 45 deg from your self and especially if you are getting amoungst a few good fish, a heavy weight rod quickly takes it's toll on your body...

My 2 cents worth..

true true davido were you the ozzie bloke up the end of the breakwall with the beenie on? you helped me get the tern off my hook last week? haha yeah for fishing off the breakwall I use a 12ft beach rod with a big reel not really sure on the schematics of it but its got about 30lb line and I use a 40lb leader might be pretty heavy to some but I figure better to go a bit heavier than get constant bust off's when you snag on the wall if you want Iv got another beach rod about 10ft long with a reel with about the same weight of line if you want to set up a day I'll bring it down and you can have a fish with it if you want and yeah pillies on a gang hook set up seem to work best tho I bought a pack of the premade ones but dont really like them due to the fact it has a swivel right on the first hook which I think spooks the fish off a little bit

true true davido were you the ozzie bloke up the end of the breakwall with the beenie on? you helped me get the tern off my hook last week? haha yeah for fishing off the breakwall I use a 12ft beach rod with a big reel not really sure on the schematics of it but its got about 30lb line and I use a 40lb leader might be pretty heavy to some but I figure better to go a bit heavier than get constant bust off's when you snag on the wall if you want Iv got another beach rod about 10ft long with a reel with about the same weight of line if you want to set up a day I'll bring it down and you can have a fish with it if you want and yeah pillies on a gang hook set up seem to work best tho I bought a pack of the premade ones but dont really like them due to the fact it has a swivel right on the first hook which I think spooks the fish off a little bit

Nah, I dont go out to the break wall at the sea tho i sometimes wear a beanie :biggrin2: , i sit more inside of windang near a red buoy fishing bream lol. Thanks for the help. I'll probably give this ago in a week or 2. Will have spare money for some new gear.

no worries man sounds like a plan might have to come chuck some soft plastics for some breambos with you one time... do you know if there's whiting in there? Iv read alot on surface luring whiting on the flats and it sounds like alot of fun