Your waterway

Hi all,

Can anyone give us the current conditions of the waterways they are near re discolouring from the recent rains.

Regards Swordfisherman

Water up Wallis Lake way is still chocolate brown, unfortunately! Hoping to fish the high tide over the weekend with Michelle (coming up from Lemontree Passage if it doesn't rain! wacko.gif)

We had a HUGE dumping of rain last week - it really only stopped a couple of days ago, so reckon it'll be another week or more before we get clean water out of the rivers feeding into the lake.

The rain is making the tide heights a lot HIGHER than on the tide chart too, as I prefer the higher tides! May just go for blackies along the leases! biggrin2.gif Smoked Fish Pie - YUM!

Roberta

Stewy,

I flew into sydney a couple of days ago and as I had a window seat I was checking out the waterways for myself.

What I can say is the Hawkesbury was very muddy and the Parra did not look the best either, I did manage to spot some whales from the plane off Botany but did not get a good look at the bay itself hope I have been helpful in some way,

Regards,

Nathan

Georges river is still a bit brown, was there last night around the East Hills area. Couldnt see my big piece of squid bait 1m infront of me. So guessing gonna take atleast a week before the water becomes properly fishable and clear. But then again the Georges is never the most clearest waters but still its alot browner than normal and alot more mud and debris is about.

Hope this helped,

Cheers,

jez

The Tweed is looking great!!

Big tides & no rain for over a month makes it one of the best times of year here.

Got a 38cm bass on a blade last week & a 50cm flattie y/day as well as a couple of nice bream for the kids on bait. All off the backyard. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Went for a flick with a topwater yesterday out at Kurnell (Bonna Point and Groynes) and water was surprisingly clear. You could even see in the distance over the bay the light and dark of sand and weed so it looks a lot better.

Pete

Went out in the main Harbour this morning. Not too bad, but water is still dark green with a fair bit of crap floating around. Trevs were thick at sow and pigs and a few salmon busting up just off north head.

Just fished my local down at Waverton.. Water is terrible murky green and there is heaps of debris in the water. There seems to be a fair bit of storm water run off still occuring..

No bites, however it was nice to feel some sunshine.

Stewy checked Cooks River this morning and water colour good not ulta clear but has a nice green colour and visibilty is about 2 - 3 feet ie if your were standing tight deep you can see your shoes on the bottom (mmmm perfect trout water!!! Damn forgot there are none there!) at Tempe Rail big tides and smaller system have flushed it nicely no debris on top of the tide this morning I would be looking for a few jewies in the system now!