Windy Burendong Pays off

mitch

G'day Raiders,

Pretty late report on this one. I had been promising my eldest son I would take him out in the boat over the school holidays for a fish. After looking over the weather forecast we picked a day. I decided to take the old man and my younger brother and make it a boys day out.

Hooked the boat up at 0600 in beatuful conditions of 1.3 degrees. had the boat in the water at 0730 and the temp had reached pretty much its max for the day at 4 degrees(gee i'm lucky to live in such a warm place, I could have ice skated to work today. Just to top the beautiful conditions off the water temp was 9.8 and the wind was blowing a westerly at 30kmh+.

Headed about 10km up the river end to some long stretches of trees that I used to fish. Sounded out the first section and decided to tie up as it was too blowy to hold in place with the electric. We were fishing in 6.5m of water with 2 big trees at the bow and 3 solid tree stumps showing on the sounder at the stern that sat up about 2m off the bottom.

It wasn't long before we got into the action with my brother recieving 2 solid smokings in as many casts and then my son landing his first yella. Next my brother got on to his first and then the old man. I was feeling a bit left out so I tied on a new Damiki 3" Air crawin Watermelon colour and was rewarded straight away. This happened 3 cast in a row with all solid yellas.

After 3 1/2 hours on the water we decided to call it a day as it was freezing. Made a quick dash to the ramp and I think I still had wind burn for about 3 days afterwayd.

All in all a really productive few hours especially at this time of the year. We ended up with 16 solid Yellas, 4 Good Reddies and 1 stinker of a carp. Looking forward to getting back out there once the weather turns a bit.

Happy Fishing

Mitch

post-58-037454000 1311909204_thumb.jpg

post-58-023326700 1311909303_thumb.jpg

Great report Mitch,

Looks like you had a far more productive day out on the lake than I managed earlier this month, probably didn't help that I was out in the kayak either :frozen: I'll be back when it's warmer to bother the resident cod and yellas.

Adam.