Darwin Charters

jason baker

Hi guys,

I'm heading to Darwin and surrounds soon for 2 weeks and wanted to have a couple of days fishing. One just on a charter out of Darwin day or half day, whichever fits in (who am I kidding, it's the full day for sure).

And one chasing some barra.

I've searched through this topics and I know there are few posts about this but most of the responses are PM'd so sorry for the new post.

So if you've had a good experience or know of a good company it would be great if you could PM me. Don't like taking pot luck and possibly ending up on a boat full of turkeys.

We will have a car and be in Litchfield NP for a few days as well, I don't know where the best barra fishing is but am more than happy to travel. I'm guessing the driving up there is pretty unique.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Hopefully I'll be able to repay the favour with a few photos of large black jew or barra. If I catch a big one you will probably hear me hooting from Sydney. Catching a large jew is very high on the all time list of things to do.

Thanks,

Jas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jas.

Shady Camp mate. Point Stuart. Brilliant for Barra. Can hire polycraft and go for your life.

Can give more details if you PM.

Also do not ever forget Crag Claw Island. Can hire tinny.

Brilliant for mud crabs yum yum pigs bum, but really hard to fish, so mutch water.

Last mud crab trip we did we got oodles and brought back a suitcase full of frozen mudcrab meat.

Cheers

Trapper Tom.

The milk fish fishing in the harbor is something you cant miss. Ask your guide as a part of your day to spend a few hours chasing these.

Best thing I did up there, spent 3 solid days on milkys, they strip 220m of 20lb braid in under a minute, carbon spools were hot to touch and we only landed small ones to 6kg. :1yikes:

Shortest fight was over 20mins and it was only a baby of around 3kgs. 118cm barras have nothing on milky's!

Greg