Soron Sorrow

hambo692

Hey everyone,

Took my Soron STX40 out yesterday, and after a few spins of the handle it was pretty clear there was something wrong... It's rough, but not like there's something in it or out of place, it feels like corrosion :/... It has been meticulously looked after in the 8months that I have had it, (I've hade a shimano saros 1000 for a year now and it still feels good as new), the only explanation I have is a dodgy service- a couple of months ago when I had a broken arm it fell off the jetty, so I took it to a tackle store and they sent it away (cost me $80), it came back feeling different but good. Ive used it maybe 3 times since then, and now it feels rusty :(. I'm not sure what to do, could someone please help?

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Took my Soron STX40 out yesterday, and after a few spins of the handle it was pretty clear there was something wrong... It's rough, but not like there's something in it or out of place, it feels like corrosion :/... It has been meticulously looked after in the 8months that I have had it, (I've hade a shimano saros 1000 for a year now and it still feels good as new), the only explanation I have is a dodgy service- a couple of months ago when I had a broken arm it fell off the jetty, so I took it to a tackle store and they sent it away (cost me $80), it came back feeling different but good. Ive used it maybe 3 times since then, and now it feels rusty :(. I'm not sure what to do, could someone please help?

Thanks

I know this may sound obvious, but take it back to the store that did the servicing. I got 2 Sorons and I treat them like I treat a rent-a-car :gun_bandana:. Also give them occasional TLC.

A possible explanation is that they might have replaced them with crap parts, or simply not put it back together correctly.

i agree back to the last place it was sent

my soron stx40 i'v had for some three years now and even the other day after not useing the thing for over 8months it still felt as good as new and i have done nothing more to mine apart from giveing it a wash now and again

I'd be taking it back to the store also, if the service you had was part of your warranty the reel should've been sent back to Pure Fishing for warranty. I wonder if it was sent back?

I've got 4 Soron reels and give them heaps and have never had an issue with them of any kind.