TRANSFER OF FRESH FISH

Mr.KingSpooled

G'day raiders,

Just wondering is it possible to send fish back over to Australia if you have been fishing over sea's and manage a decent enough catch that you would like to send it back for the family. I was thinking because I have a trip over to NZ in decemeber and im pretty confident that it will hold some awesome fishing and some truly great table fish will be about. Was hoping if I could get them cleaned and frozen then packed into a sealed esky and sent over via plane? Anyone ever tried this before and if so how did you do it.

Cheers raiders,

any help is appreciated.

Jez

I have carried my own fish back before packed and frozen in an Esky, it was one of those soft bag eskies. But like I said I travelled with it and brought it back with me as luggage.

There is also another option which is to freeze them and pack them in an esky then ship them back but that is usually done using a freight forwarder and you might just need to check if they will do personal perishables and how they will pass them through quarantine upon arrival.

Like I said all freight forwarders do commercial but some will do personal, try the following for personal:

Link Logistics

Ph: 02 9669 1533

Like to know how it works out.

Cheers

Edited by aeb870

I have carried my own fish back before packed and frozen in an Esky, it was one of those soft bag eskies. But like I said I travelled with it and brought it back with me as luggage.

There is also another option which is to freeze them and pack them in an esky then ship them back but that is usually done using a freight forwarder and you might just need to check if they will do personal perishables and how they will pass them through quarantine upon arrival.

Like I said all freight forwarders do commercial but some will do personal, try the following for personal:

Link Logistics

Ph: 02 9669 1533

Like to know how it works out.

Cheers

Yeah mate ill do some more research on this issue and get back to you with a result!! Cheers for that aye

jez

Guys - Customs/AQIS would be my first port of call. No sense spending time and money on packing your catch if you cant keep it once it gets to Australia.

Here are a couple of links to get you started.

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/food/private-consumption

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_casecontent.aspintNodeId=8745162&intCommodityId=11545&Types=none&WhichQuery=Go+to+full+text&intSearch=1&LogSessionID=0

Guys - Customs/AQIS would be my first port of call. No sense spending time and money on packing your catch if you cant keep it once it gets to Australia.

Here are a couple of links to get you started.

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/food/private-consumption

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_casecontent.aspintNodeId=8745162&intCommodityId=11545&Types=none&WhichQuery=Go+to+full+text&intSearch=1&LogSessionID=0

Awesome now we are getting some where.. !! Ill get back to you guys with info on pricing and what not !!

Yeah it would be pointless bringing back my catch if its more expensive then the fish/lobby's ill be bringing back !!

Cheers raiders,

jez

March this year did a trip to the top end of NZ out of Houhora with a group of 8.

We checked everything out with customs prior leaving and basicaly you are allowed to bring back 5 kgs per person as part of your luggage, must be fillets and frozen.We were able to buy small foam eskys which were ducted taped labeled with fresh frozen New Zealand seafood then we had to put in a plastic bag that Qantas organised at checkin and we were on our way.Of the eight i was the only to be checked on arrival in Sydney and the fillets were still frozen, so i hope this helps.

March this year did a trip to the top end of NZ out of Houhora with a group of 8.

We checked everything out with customs prior leaving and basicaly you are allowed to bring back 5 kgs per person as part of your luggage, must be fillets and frozen.We were able to buy small foam eskys which were ducted taped labeled with fresh frozen New Zealand seafood then we had to put in a plastic bag that Qantas organised at checkin and we were on our way.Of the eight i was the only to be checked on arrival in Sydney and the fillets were still frozen, so i hope this helps.

Yeah i was thinkin something along the same as u cause my old man has bought seafood over from Fiji through customs aslong as its frozen and packaged well. But the difference is he was able to bring whole cleaned fish instead of fillets and whole lobsters !!! they tasted champion hence why when i go to NZ im hoping to bring back some of the good stuff with me. Cant let the famz miss out on a great journey as well you know :)

Cheers,

jez