Fishing trip to Vic

davido

Gday Raiders

At the moment Im planning to go on a fishing trip with my mate around Victoria, since it coincides with a friends birthday in Melbourne. :thumbup: We will be doing this around the last week of November and maybe a week or so into December

I was wondering where abouts I should go for a fish and also camp out. Thinking of doing a mixture of rivers/lakes and also beaches/breakwalls. All land based fishing, don't have a boat at the moment.

any suggestions will be much appreciated

Davido

Hey buddy,

The gippsland coast is full of great spots to fish...

A few that come to mind include:

Mallacoota

Lakes entrance

oberon

The tambo river is a excellent place to chase black bream..

The list is endless really..

Thanks for that, Ill jott them down and find it on the map

• 2 weeks later...

November is the best time of the year to be fishing for Snapper. Westernport or Port Phillip, doesn't matter, it's hard to go out and not catch anything. Westernport has the added bonus of horrible bycatch such as Gummies, monster whiting, etc.

November is the best time of the year to be fishing for Snapper. Westernport or Port Phillip, doesn't matter, it's hard to go out and not catch anything. Westernport has the added bonus of horrible bycatch such as Gummies, monster whiting, etc.

100% agree, hit the snapper for sure....my suggestion, stick to port phillip, the bigger tides in western port make it run really hard that time of year and harder to fish....spend some time watching You Fish TV, pure fishing or Adventure Bound on TVS and they will show you the techniques....one of them each week seems to be fishing for redsn in port phillip or western port...

But there will be some horse bream in Mallacoota around then too and the crocs should be starting to wake up too.

• 1 month later...

You will hit the peak of snapper season for sure.

im a vic just moved up this year. Ive fished port phillip for years. i fish out of mordialoc and patterson river, if you want to do a charter you best bet is with reel time charters, i see them when we are on the water and back at that ramp. If your coming down the coast, stop at lake tyres for sure. you can camp and you have the lake and the surf to fish. tambo, and lakes entrance are great as well.

mornington pier is a go for snapper as well. if for some reason you get your hands on a boat oreven you hire boats from mordialoc and frankston. if you can get a hand gps, i can give you a heap of marks close to shore that will be very snapper friendly.

hope u have a good time. this is my first snapper season ill be missing for years......booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.