First Report

clemsy

Hi guys,

Trying my hand at giving a report and hope to keep at em'. Well today I went to Gymea, landbased, and fished the the afternoon during the in and out of high tide. Drifted pilchards and some prawns but didn't catch anything big enough to take home. Caught a few undersized breams and an undersized trevally. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or if its just harder to fish from land.

All in all, good weather, till it got dark and saw lightning.

Cheers!

Nothing wrong with fishing land-based just a matter of being at the wright place and time you can fish from a boat

and still go home without a feed. You can spend many hours on a boat chasing fish like Marlin waste a lot of fuel

and don't even get a strike having said that I have a mate who fished jb land based and got one on his second

outing.

Hi guys,

Trying my hand at giving a report and hope to keep at em'. Well today I went to Gymea, landbased, and fished the the afternoon during the in and out of high tide. Drifted pilchards and some prawns but didn't catch anything big enough to take home. Caught a few undersized breams and an undersized trevally. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or if its just harder to fish from land.

Cheers!

Landbase fishing is very rewarding ,WE all go through good and bad trips though.

As for gymea i,ve always known it to be quite a good bait grounds for squid and yellowtail ,well worth the effort to try and catch them for bait fresh is best (alive).Some nice jew are a good chance there ,and kingfish when there around. Goodluck on your next outing

Chris.

Hi guys,

Cheers!

Best of luck mate, take it from me having a boat does not always mean a feed countless times i've been out done everything right and still come home empty and that includes pockets more than once my wife has suggested my money would be better spent at the fish markets... it's all about getting out once you are in that mind set it takes the presure off some off ! some of the best days i've had on the water have been gathering bait with my little boy he's a natural at the yakka and likes it more than going after the big ones... he still can't work out why i'd spend hours trying for kingies or the like when in 20mins we can catch dozens of yakka

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I did happen to catch a 41cm trevelly last week at the same spot (biggest fish I've ever caught haha, been fishing for about 3 months), but gotta keep persevering!