Which rod for 12mile

kulch

hi all

I currrently have a Silstar Chrystal blue 6foot 15kg boat rod - can this be used to jig around 12mile, and the deep blue

I am looking at getting a jigging rod around the 24kg mark, but as my access to such fishing locations is limited, i am wondering if its worth a new rod or just using the 15kg boat rod

I have my eyes on the el cheapos Platinum Ugly Stick Jig 15-37kgs or the Okuma Salina 24kg

What are the major differences in jigging rods and heavy boat rods of the same length?

I am all for expanding my versaility for fishing applications, but i also have alot of rods - too many really

The reel i have chosen for such epicness is my robust Penn850 - i gave it a service last week, and its by far the greatest reel i have ever pulled apart....it will outlive me, make no mistake

whatta you raiders reckon - stick with the 15kg silstar or go and grab a jig stick

are you really asking mad keen fisho's if you should buy more gear ???

ALWAYS ! :biggrin2:

(if the missus lets you that is :wife: )

back to your Q'n:

In my opinion id stick with the 15kg. There arent alot of fish this wont handle, and if your limited in getting out to a jigging spot i think the upgrade could be better spent elsewhere - like more jigs after all the leathery's have bitten off the ones you currently use

hi all

I currrently have a Silstar Chrystal blue 6foot 15kg boat rod - can this be used to jig around 12mile, and the deep blue

I am looking at getting a jigging rod around the 24kg mark, but as my access to such fishing locations is limited, i am wondering if its worth a new rod or just using the 15kg boat rod

I have my eyes on the el cheapos Platinum Ugly Stick Jig 15-37kgs or the Okuma Salina 24kg

What are the major differences in jigging rods and heavy boat rods of the same length?

I am all for expanding my versaility for fishing applications, but i also have alot of rods - too many really

The reel i have chosen for such epicness is my robust Penn850 - i gave it a service last week, and its by far the greatest reel i have ever pulled apart....it will outlive me, make no mistake

whatta you raiders reckon - stick with the 15kg silstar or go and grab a jig stick

Hi. Whilst specific jigging rods are great to use and less demanding on the angler, there is no reason why you cant jig with the stick that you have got.

I used to jig with a 15kg crystal blue and had no dramas at all! Often quite the opposite, jigging beside guys with thousands of dollars worth of gear and cleaning up on a modest setup is a great look!

In saying that I do now enjoy using a dedicated jig stick as it is a bit nicer to jig with and a more forgiving fight due to their 'parabolic' action.

If you are not going out that often, try it out first before spending big dollars. I wouldn't recommend an el cheepo jigging rod as it probably wont be as good as what you've got.

Just my two cents.

cheers for the replies guys

just saved me some cash to get some jigs, gloves, proper fishing sunnies and rod belt

i've been fishing for flathead my whole life and this bluewater stuff is incredible - got my first king 2 weeks ago

i've just started viewing some LBG youtubes......dear lord - just when you think you got most of it covered - the fishing gods teach you otherwise

cant wait to use this Siltstar, it hasnt gotten wet yet