Using the Lowrance Elite 5 sounder

apple

Hi all,

I am new to the site, love reading the reports. Will post some of my own when I have something interesting enough to tell.

In the mean time I have a question that you guys might be able to help with. I have a Lowrance Elite 5 sounder and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to manually enter GPS coordinates. Does anybody have any clues?

Also while I am asking questions, can anybody recommend ratchet jockey wheels to make moving the trailer easier?

Thnaks,

Mark

Unable to assist with the GPS.

As for the ratchet jockey wheel , Bias at Lane Cove have several available & quality wise would be as good as any. I understand they work OK on flat sealed surfaces.

I see there are some on the auction site at very cheap prices but the quality may be suspect

Their efficiency on a slope depends on the weight of the trailer / boat

Geoff

Hi Mark,

Regarding the ratchet jockey wheel, I bought one about 3 years ago and had to return it as it did not do the job for me. My boat and trailer weighs about 1300kg, twin axle trailer and I have a 5 degree slope on my stamped concrete driveway. I wanted it so I could roll the boat into the garage but due to the weight and slope of the driveway the jockey wheel would just spin/slide on the spot, no matter what I did I could not get enough weight on the jockey wheel to roll the trailer. When I purchased it I was assured it would work hence they refunded me the money. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rod

Awesome Rod, thanks for the advice. Luckily I am dealing with a flat, even concrete surface (how lucky am I?!) but the load is 1500Kg and I am getting sick of kicking the jockey wheel into the right direction to allow me to do the next manouver, and then having to break the back to get the thing to move into a tight spot. I think it will be good for me.

Appreciate the advice all the same, thanks for taking the trouble Rod.

Mark