Surf, gangs and full loose drag = less hook ups?

besmoken

Hi raiders, I am finding with gang hooks and having the drag on is less effective for hookups in the surf. Letting it run tends to result in a mangled pilly. Or fresh fillets spat out.

This is probably salmon specific as it is the season. Any one else?

Hi raiders, I am finding with gang hooks and having the drag on is less effective for hookups in the surf. Letting it run tends to result in a mangled pilly. Or fresh fillets spat out.

This is probably salmon specific as it is the season. Any one else?

You shouldn't need much drag with the Salmon, are you holding your rod or leaving stationary in rod holder? Salmon will inhale a pilchard and if you are coming back with mangled pillie it's probably pickers or crabs which are out there at the moment...

S

You shouldn't need much drag with the Salmon, are you holding your rod or leaving stationary in rod holder? Salmon will inhale a pilchard and if you are coming back with mangled pillie it's probably pickers or crabs which are out there at the moment...

S

Definitely a salmon as it runs big time, than gone. Not always, but I've just noticed with no drag it's tug tug and reel em in. I can't seem to get anything else of narrabeen at the moment. Even sized down to little 6 hook and worm. Salmon take that too. I have 4days off. Any other locations in northern beaches not plagued by salmon? I have not done bungin in a while?

Definitely a salmon as it runs big time, than gone. Not always, but I've just noticed with no drag it's tug tug and reel em in. I can't seem to get anything else of narrabeen at the moment. Even sized down to little 6 hook and worm. Salmon take that too. I have 4days off. Any other locations in northern beaches not plagued by salmon? I have not done bungin in a while?

It's Salmon city all over the beaches at the moment, and the Port Jackson's have moved in after dark in big numbers...yeah, maybe try some other beaches but I reckon those Sambo's won't be too far behind you :).