Daylite sport kayak

shred

well originally I was gonna purchase something a bit more expensive but lately things have become a bit tight. and saw these for 250 at *** and was considering getting one. Knowing obviously it's not going to be the best kayak you can buy, just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with them? probably just for use in the nepean river.

Cheers lads

Shane

This is a general rule for me, if something is too cheap without a reason, it probably lacks in quality. Also you have to give more description or a photo of the kayak that your talking about for people to give you more information.

I can tell you that my friend brought a kayak from an online auction website for $500 (brand new). It doesnt perform very well and he ended up getting another kayak. thats $500 wasted. You cant even sell those kayaks because no one trust the brand.

Hello mate, I don't have a kayak. I don't know much about it. HOWEVER, I have brought cheap gear before. It did not go well at all. After the one session at the rocks. the reel seized :S. Now i buy quality well known brand reel and they last a very long time.

Hi Shane

For $250 you can't really go wrong. It will get you on the water and give you a chance to decide whether you enjoy yak fishing enough to upgrade to something else down the track (if necessary). Without having paddled one I reckon it looks like a pretty good bass fishing platform and plenty of opportunities to pimp it out. If you remain unconvinced you can always keep an eye out for second hand Viking Espri's or Pacers which should be available for around the same price and have a proven track record.

Without wishing to step on any toes here I can recommend at least a couple of dedicated kayak fishing forums with all the information you could ever need about kayak fishing; the Australian Kayak Fishing Forum and Kayak Fishing Down Under.

Good luck,

Adam.