Yellowfin 16 / 8 / 11

dogtooth

Hi everyone ,

with solid reports of Bluefin outwide , Myself and ( sideshow ) were keen to get amongst these bruisers we managed to get ( joco joey ) as an extra and head wide . A quick stop at browns and we soon had our bag of gemmies , dealing with seals and sharks at the moment is another matter , be prepared with lots of rigs on standby . Well we then dropped the lures in and headed east from browns looking for the temp break we found a good patch of water along way wide and started the cube trail after an hour the first rod screamed and the greenhorn joco was soon into his first fish not long after we had a second hookup , double :biggrin2: joco fought his fish well and it was soon gaffed and laying on the deck . Yellowfin cherry popped, sideshows fish was a handfull and fought in every direction possible , it certainly was a one off fish when gaffed it went crazy and parted the gaff in two . I certainly wasnt letting go , It then dove deep untill it was back up and gaffed with another gaff . tally 2 fish on board . With our cube trail still going i hooked up minutes later on a similar size fish and it was soon laying deckside . After that we didnt see another bit of action , Im sure there is a Bluefin with mine or daves name on it . we then headed west for our journey home to dryland . Well done to Ivan on his bluefin run as late , and joco for his great effort.

post-692-048123000 1313550460_thumb.jpg

post-692-090006800 1313550491_thumb.jpg

post-692-086829100 1313550527_thumb.jpg

Cheers Dogtooth.... :1fishing1: John.... :beersmile:

ONCE again a big thank you to John and Dave for a great day out.

As per usual I brought my lucky GREEN jumper (evident in every single fish photo I have/own) and luck was on our side. :icon_peace:

Got busted of several times at the Browns, which was disappointing as we knew the fish on the other end were nice and solid. Dirty Makos.

What can I say my cherry was POPPED, thank you fellas, it was roughs, yet memorable. :wub:

Reeling in the YFT was an experience to remember.

By the time it landed on the deck, I was out of breath, my legs were giving way and arms were aching in pain.

NOT THAT IM COMPLAINING :biggrin2:

I can only imagine a Bluefin reaching the 100kg would do.

John and Dave where skull dragging them in like no tomorrow.

The incident with the gaff was a sight to remember.

I’m just amazed after gaffing the fish, it turned around, nearly pulled John overboard, bend & twisted the metal pole (gaff) and John refused to let go.

Well done mate, hats off to your solid arms.

John & Dave for their efforts should receive a MENTOR Badge.

Thanks once again, i learnt alont.

PS - Time to update my signature.