New Tow Vehicle

iMick

Pumped about my new car. I needed a vehicle to pull a boat, hold a kayak, take two Labradors in the back, a baby seat, hold all the camping gear, was good on fuel... and take me to those sneaky 4x4 only fishing spot.

Holden Colorado LXR 4x4 Duel Cab 3ltr turbo diesel auto was the answer. The Isuzu 4JJ1 motor was what lead me buy it, top motor, good for half a million kms. Sick of manual cars, and now the Mrs can drive my car. Cruise and bluetooth work well, and overall very happy with the car.

ARB installed a Safari Snorkle, a heavy duty air compressor, canopy, roof racks, side rail side steps, rear step tow bar, deluxe winch bar, fog and spot lights, under body bash plates, 2inch OME suspension lift, and my favourite front and back air lockers.

Muddies, a winch, UHF, Scangauge, and a big trans cooler won't be too far away.

Anyone else run a Colorado or a Dmax?

post-10586-018035300 1313561966_thumb.jpg

post-10586-054007900 1313562006_thumb.jpg

post-10586-099126500 1313562081_thumb.jpg

Mick

Edited by iMick

nice rig...

I like the fact you knew what you wanted in / on it and did it straight up...

I don't think there would be to many Colorado's out there with front and rear lockers...

Lucky you bought the RA series of Colorado! It is a known quantity as it has been around in a few different configurations since late 2002.

Not sure how the new American market Colorado will go when it hits our market very shortly...

And, good on you for seeing past the badge appeal on Hilux.

nice ride mate im actually doin some research atm on dual cab diesel turbo 4x4 as im in the market for one. the toyota is perfect for me but price is a huge turn off 30-50k i havnt looked into the colorado's yet but they look the goods as u said isuzu make good reliable diesel motor gona book a test drive hehe.. im staying well clear of the triton (sorry mitsubishi fans) but ive never had any luck with them...

Edited by mc fishn

nice rig...

I like the fact you knew what you wanted in / on it and did it straight up...

I don't think there would be to many Colorado's out there with front and rear lockers...

Lucky you bought the RA series of Colorado! It is a known quantity as it has been around in a few different configurations since late 2002.

Not sure how the new American market Colorado will go when it hits our market very shortly...

And, good on you for seeing past the badge appeal on Hilux.

Thanks mate, I knew what I wanted, and doing it straight up keeps Holden happy with warranty issues, as they prepared it with ARB, not more expensive compared to me dealing with ARB myself. There are a few locked Dmax's and Colorado's going around, but you're right not too many. The new American style Colorado will never sit in my driveway, I'm just glad I own one of the last Isuzu made ones. I'm not gonna bash the Hilux's but you're right it's a badge, and that 2250kg towing capacity is a joke (good luck towing a 2.5ton van), not to mention aircon is a non standard option, way too pricey for what you get, at the end of the day it's a IFS duel cab, with no better reliability that the Rodeo/Dmax/Colorado. That said they're nice but too pricey.

nice ride mate im actually doin some research atm on dual cab diesel turbo 4x4 as im in the market for one. the toyota is perfect for me but price is a huge turn off 30-50k i havnt looked into the colorado's yet but they look the goods as u said isuzu make good reliable diesel motor gona book a test drive hehe.. im staying well clear of the triton (sorry mitsubishi fans) but ive never had any luck with them...

Cheers mate. You won't go wrong with a Dmax or Colorado (same car, different body) Look.. a cars a car, you've gotta go with what you like, Holden have some fantastic deals, and the bang for the buck is incredible.

Mick