Fitzroy Falls reservoir

iggy

hi, does any body fish this dam , i was looking on the net today at places where you can fish it,they don't give you much room, & does it also have the same rules as in a closed season?

thanks iggy

When last I heard,Campbelltown Sportfishing Club had sole access to the dam on particular weekends.

They were allowed access with non powered boats as well.

Contact the president of CCSFC (Campbelltown City Sportfishing Club) ANSA

(02) 8569 0258 Andrew Shackelton

Regards Stewy

thanks for the info, i read something about that today but i thought it was just for fishing from craft.

If fishing the bank and not affiliated with the club the access is very restricted to a few hundred metres of the bank

Hey,

Ive fished this abit from the bank. As some have replied - there is only a couple hundred metres but that's enough. I'd say every third trip on average I've scored a decent bass or rainbow trout using a range of jackal/spoon style lures. The bass all went 38-44cm and the rainbows (only two) were each about 43cm and fat. Ive never fished for Carp but based on what ive seen being lugged out of there, there are plenty of them if that's what you're after. I've seen some guys persist with fly but I dont think I'd bother given their lack of success. The dam is open for fishing all year. Good luck!

I was actually interested in getting into freshwater fishing so I read up about Fitzroy Falls, but then when I went to explore the area (land based) I was told to not even bother by a few locals fishing that day because there is nothing but carp.

Like they say from time to time they get the odd bass but usually plenty of carp, never really caught neither but then decided to stick to saltwater.

• 3 weeks later...