Georges river

andy123

Went down to the local river to have a fish landbased, been a while since i lasted fished i was a bit rusty as i was getting used to it again. It was really windy.... any not even a bite, stayed there for about an 3 hours they guy 20 meters away from me was pulling in bream after bream like 7 or 8 and they were all really good sized. While i had pulling in an undersized bream which was hooked in the stomach :ranting2: i was pretty upset that i didn't get any good fish. Can someone give me some tips about catching bream because i think i might be doing it wrong thats why i didn't get much fish.

thanks

Went down to the local river to have a fish landbased, been a while since i lasted fished i was a bit rusty as i was getting used to it again. It was really windy.... any not even a bite, stayed there for about an 3 hours they guy 20 meters away from me was pulling in bream after bream like 7 or 8 and they were all really good sized. While i had pulling in an undersized bream which was hooked in the stomach :ranting2: i was pretty upset that i didn't get any good fish. Can someone give me some tips about catching bream because i think i might be doing it wrong thats why i didn't get much fish.

thanks

Usually its something simple like the right bait, line and rig. Have found that bloodworms and nippers are the best bait for the river and use light line 6-8 lb with a long trace. (1m+)

thanks

Try the spot you saw him bringing the bream in next time as 20 metres can play a big roll in going home with a nice bag of bream , he obviously knew his spot well.

Make sure you berley up to bring the bream on GOODLUCK :1fishing1:

chris.

thanks

You should have asked the guy 20 meters from you, you learn heaps when you see someone local is catching fish as each location fished differently

Hey Andyz,

Can I ask, what suburb are you fishing in?

The river seabed contours, depths, etc will play a big part depending where you were.

Some parts are shallow, some deep and some have deeper holes.

Once you know what seabed you're fishing in, you can refine your technique to suit the area.

If there isn't too much current, you can burley up and fish lightly weighted baits.

if there is a bit of current, you have to throw your burley a fair way upcurrent before it settles into the seabed of your chosen spot.

In this scenario wou may need a bigger sinker to hold bottom...

If we knew where you were, someone here may be able to pinpoint a seabed structure of interest...

Tony

Edited by Keflapod

Hey Andyz,

Can I ask, what suburb are you fishing in?

The river seabed contours, depths, etc will play a big part depending where you were.

Some parts are shallow, some deep and some have deeper holes.

Once you know what seabed you're fishing in, you can refine your technique to suit the area.

If there isn't too much current, you can burley up and fish lightly weighted baits.

if there is a bit of current, you have to throw your burley a fair way upcurrent before it settles into the seabed of your chosen spot.

In this scenario wou may need a bigger sinker to hold bottom...

If we knew where you were, someone here may be able to pinpoint a seabed structure of interest...

Tony

I was fishing at illawong started off at the ferry ramp then moved to this rocky place nearby(which was like 2 minutes walk)thats where i saw the guy who was outfishing me.

i really wanted to go and ask they guy but it fell kinda rude going up to someone asking what your secret. and one more thing are you suppost to keep the line tight or loose when bream fishing.

thanks

Andy was he a old fella using a couple of real old rods. If thats him he uses skirt steak strips. His local butcher even prepares it for him. I've seen him catch plenty good size bream on it.

Cheers Macca

Andy was he a old fella using a couple of real old rods. If thats him he uses skirt steak strips. His local butcher even prepares it for him. I've seen him catch plenty good size bream on it.

Cheers Macca

don't think it was him, he wasn't that old he was about 30.