Berowra - more flatties again

jordan.widz

G'day Raiders,

Seems that once again I'm flooding the 'fishing reports' section with flathead lol.

Well after dropping my mum and sister off at work/school I had the car again and was able to head down to good old Berowra for another flattie bash. This time I only just made the the low tide at 10.30 and had to fish the turn and run in for my session, so I anchored up and sent out a solid stream burley consisting off jewfish and pillies (thats right, jewfish lol, had some belly flaps in the freezer from the big jewies I got earlier this year). As soon as I could see the burley hit the bottom on the sounder the rods started going off and it wasn't too long before I had a heavy bag of 5 flathead ranging from 43cm - 60cm. This time I had no trouble netting them myself and was a lot more confident.

Most of the flatties were caught on prawns today but the biggest one took a strip of jewfish I put down. Once the bite had gone off I finally had some time to laze back and have a cup-a-soup and some lunch :biggrin2: I reckon could have kept burleying and caught some more but I decided to go off in pursiut of bream instead. I started working the rocky shorelines with a 65mm squidgy wriggler in the 'evil minnow' colour on a light jighead and came across some very fishy looking terrain. The shoreline was lined with oyster covered rocks and there were a few boulders sitting just of it providing slack water behind them for the bream to rest in, so I put a cast in and with one flick of the rod tip I was on to a nice 29cm bream, my first on a sp and I finally got to use my lox for what it was meant for, I released it too because I already had plenty of flathead for a few feeds.

So thats another great day on berowra and it was a lot warmer today, the water even got to 16.9 degrees today compared to the 14 degrees it was just last week.

Here's some pics.

post-14559-063339100 1314180125_thumb.jpg

post-14559-058618200 1314179966_thumb.jpg

post-14559-053655400 1314179971_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Prawn Star.

Well done Prawn Star :thumbup: Nice feed of flatties, trying tossing some placcies down into your berley trail and see what you come up with - Flatties love plastic.

Cheers

Blood Knot

Good idea! Might try floating one down the back like you would for snapper next time.

G'day Raiders,

Seems that once again I'm flooding the 'fishing reports' section with flathead lol.

Well after dropping my mum and sister off at work/school I had the car again and was able to head down to good old Berowra for another flattie bash. This time I only just made the the low tide at 10.30 and had to fish the turn and run in for my session, so I anchored up and sent out a solid stream burley consisting off jewfish and pillies (thats right, jewfish lol, had some belly flaps in the freezer from the big jewies I got earlier this year). As soon as I could see the burley hit the bottom on the sounder the rods started going off and it wasn't too long before I had a heavy bag of 5 flathead ranging from 43cm - 60cm. This time I had no trouble netting them myself and was a lot more confident.

Most of the flatties were caught on prawns today but the biggest one took a strip of jewfish I put down. Once the bite had gone off I finally had some time to laze back and have a cup-a-soup and some lunch :biggrin2: I reckon could have kept burleying and caught some more but I decided to go off in pursiut of bream instead. I started working the rocky shorelines with a 65mm squidgy wriggler in the 'evil minnow' colour on a light jighead and came across some very fishy looking terrain. The shoreline was lined with oyster covered rocks and there were a few boulders sitting just of it providing slack water behind them for the bream to rest in, so I put a cast in and with one flick of the rod tip I was on to a nice 29cm bream, my first on a sp and I finally got to use my lox for what it was meant for, I released it too because I already had plenty of flathead for a few feeds.

So thats another great day on berowra and it was a lot warmer today, the water even got to 16.9 degrees today compared to the 14 degrees it was just last week.

Here's some pics.

post-14559-063339100 1314180125_thumb.jpg

post-14559-058618200 1314179966_thumb.jpg

post-14559-053655400 1314179971_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Prawn Star.

Dreat Feed there Prawn Star certianly got amognst it!