Fishing spot ideal for kids

pod

Hi all,

I think its good to start fishing young so i'm planning to take my 2yr old fishing, land base as we dont have a boat.

I've been fishing alot of landbase but all those spots are not suitable for a 2yr old, so my question is does anyone know a good spot suitable for kids that young?

eg. wharf or parkside?

i've been researching and saw clifton gardens has a playground/park and wharf but everyone says its packed with rude people and unpleasant to fish there.

heard about clarkes point, but no one really catches anything there. my friend goes there with his kid but hardly any bites etc.

beach fishing is not my thing as my setups are not huge and does not cast far out enough.

Looking for a safe, productive, non crowded place to fish with my young son. Prefer wharf or man made structures that are not dangerous.

Cheers,

Definitely Balmoral mate. The good thing is you can teach your son to fish here and he'll catch some tailor, trevally, yellowtail and bream next to the wharf. Just ge ta size 8 hook, a tiny bit of prawn, pilli and drop it over the side. On a nice day if you berley you can see the yakkas and trevally swarming around under the surface. Just next to the wharf i have pulled out many trevally up to 32cm. While here chuck a rod out off the end of the wharf with a prawn on it ans you will get Bream, Trevally, Flathead and Crabs. The flathead often just swallow the bait and its not until you check your bait that you notice the fish is on! Throw a live yakka out if you get the chance and catch Salmon, Big Tailor, Kingies, Jewfish and Big Flathead. Plenty of cafes around and playgrounds. Give it a go mate! If you can then i would advise a full day outing with lunch breaks and other brakes for the little fella. If you spend the whole day here and try everything i told you then you should come home with a good feed and maybe a new PB if you havent caught a kingie or salmon!

Good luck!

Definitely Balmoral mate. The good thing is you can teach your son to fish here and he'll catch some tailor, trevally, yellowtail and bream next to the wharf. Just ge ta size 8 hook, a tiny bit of prawn, pilli and drop it over the side. On a nice day if you berley you can see the yakkas and trevally swarming around under the surface. Just next to the wharf i have pulled out many trevally up to 32cm. While here chuck a rod out off the end of the wharf with a prawn on it ans you will get Bream, Trevally, Flathead and Crabs. The flathead often just swallow the bait and its not until you check your bait that you notice the fish is on! Throw a live yakka out if you get the chance and catch Salmon, Big Tailor, Kingies, Jewfish and Big Flathead. Plenty of cafes around and playgrounds. Give it a go mate! If you can then i would advise a full day outing with lunch breaks and other brakes for the little fella. If you spend the whole day here and try everything i told you then you should come home with a good feed and maybe a new PB if you havent caught a kingie or salmon!

Good luck!

Just a noob question regarding Balmoral, i can see two wharf in Balmoral, one U shape on the main beach and another L shape. Which one are you referring too? or both is good?