cold green dirty water off Sydney

bombora

Was out yesterday (Thursday): despite securing perfect lollie-sized slimeys and yakkas, got not a sniff. Tried Long Reef, Muggs, Northerners for nothing. Nothing showed at all on very pricey, powerful sounder at each spot. Water 17.2C at North Head (on outgoing tide), crept up to just 18C at Longy. Water dirty round heads and slighly cleaner at Longy. Few if an birds, not even the usual sweep etc at Longy. Back in to North Harbour and cast jigs and bucktails round the boats, dropoff, flats etc for another big fat doughnut. Some days are diamonds, some days are..........

Was out yesterday (Thursday): despite securing perfect lollie-sized slimeys and yakkas, got not a sniff. Tried Long Reef, Muggs, Northerners for nothing. Nothing showed at all on very pricey, powerful sounder at each spot. Water 17.2C at North Head (on outgoing tide), crept up to just 18C at Longy. Water dirty round heads and slighly cleaner at Longy. Few if an birds, not even the usual sweep etc at Longy. Back in to North Harbour and cast jigs and bucktails round the boats, dropoff, flats etc for another big fat doughnut. Some days are diamonds, some days are..........

...and some days are dungmounds....

Oh well, I better bring my shovel with me this weekend....

Tony