Rock Fishing Rod and reel

rjc123

I was looking to buy a sedona 4000 from a supplier in the states. Was looking at $75 to my door.

4000 sedona also features 9kg of drag and the reel weight was pretty reasonable also.

One fellow pointed out to me that sedona does not have a thread in handle and in his expirence the handle had deve/oped a little bit of movement?

Pretty.good real for the money and if you ever needed a rebuild, there is a lot of guys on here clued up on the shimano product who could potentially point you in the right direction.

On your rod question,

My thoughts would be that there is no reason why you could not use it.

I use to use a similar rod of carbon construction. I ended up replacing it with a 5 - 10kg 9ft shimano classic shore spin graphite rod as the carbon rod was killing me when I used it for casting metals from the stones

Hi Tom, mate I have an FSU 5120 (10foot) big beefy rod I use off the rocks, it is mainly used for hoiking out baits way past the rocks and land on the gravel/ sand areas.

I have a 4 ounce lead on it so it casts a good distance, but I would not like to be spinning with it as it it a heavy rod, I match this up with my saltist 6500 spin reel..

Yeh mate, spinfisher might be the go! I'll pop into my local tackle store too for some advice. They normally have a lot of rock and beach fishing gear.

Definitely agree with the penn spinfisher or even the slammer reel.

These reels are full metal bodies and can take punishment

Penn also have a graphite 11 foot slammer rod rated up to 10kg (I think).

This rod is very light and easily handles sambos and bonitos of any size....still to hook up on a kingie though.

From memory I got the reel and rod as a package deal for $150

ive got a new model Shakespeare sigma reel. very sturdy and smooth operation. hasnt let me down yet off the beach or rocks.

Faster retrieve than the spinfisher and holds more line. has 2 more bearings and at the time was cheaper than the spinfisher. although now the penn is on sale its slightly more.

its certainly worth a look at around 130 bucks

also its really important to match the reel size to the rod. A balanced outfit makes a world of difference over a long day

Definitely agree with the penn spinfisher or even the slammer reel.

These reels are full metal bodies and can take punishment

Penn also have a graphite 11 foot slammer rod rated up to 10kg (I think).

This rod is very light and easily handles sambos and bonitos of any size....still to hook up on a kingie though.

From memory I got the reel and rod as a package deal for $150

Thats a good option mate. What size reel and model rod?