Berowra Waters on sunday

jordan.widz

G'day Raiders,

Went out on the tinny yesterday with my dad to fill up the freezer with some more flatties but since the tides wern't in our favour the main goal was to try for some bream on plastics.

We anchored up twice during the day to get a bag of 6 flatties ranging from 38-45cm, no big ones this time. The fish were really taking a liking to my jewfish burley mix with pilchards.

The rest of the day we spent working some shorelines with plastics and found some new spots that I want to try some different techniques in next time, they look good for bream but I need heavier jigheads to get to the bottom. I ended up getting 2 bream, some flatties and loads of tailor on the plastic, the bream are sitting in the slack water behind the rocks but so are the tailor, I hopeing that on my next few trips out I can start to gather more knowledge on bream on plastics and consistantly nail them, because at the moment they are few and far between for me.

Heres a few pics.

Cheers, Prawn Star.

post-14559-095179400 1314584283_thumb.jpg

post-14559-068765500 1314584307_thumb.jpg

How do you get hooked onto tailor and bream on SPs? Whenever I use SPs (Berkley Gulp), they take bites out of the plastic, all around the hook. :(

Hi clemzii, how big are the plastics that u are using? The fish that are taking bites out of ur plastic are most likely undersized tailor (I went through 5 placcies on Sunday due to these little buggers) bream will usually attack the lure more aggesivly and u will hook up

once again a nice feed there prawn star :thumbup: i might have to experiment myself around berowra system it seems to be fishing well for you lately , where do you put your boat in when fishing that area?

cheers paul

Thanks mate, I have always launched from ramp next to the ferry. It is called dusthole bay off Bay rd.