Leader Knots

bassboy888

G'day raiders

Was just going through some knots online and wondering what every ones favourites are?

I would also like to know if any one uses the improved albright knot for light lines (10lb down) and if they have had any troubles with line slippage, I use it for heavier lines for barra but havent tried it on the lighter braids.

Cheers Stu

G'day Stu

Yes, I use the improved albright in joining 2 - 8lb braid to 4-10lb leader without an issue. I was using the 5 turns surgeon prior to that, but found the albright profile to be smaller.

For the bigger braids (20-30lb) and leaders (25-35lb) I was using the albright but I have been using the FG knot of late and can't fault it.

Cheers

Hodgey

I use albrights with the new 4lb exceed which is as thin as 1lb fireline crystal and 3lb fluro and have not had one let go yet. I chuck a couple more turns on the way up and back down and carefully pull the knot together

Slim beauty's work well too but for me the Albright is the fastest and easiest by far

Pete

FG knot from 3lb up :thumbup: . It is the best knot so far. And after learning it. It takes 3 minutes if that to tie.

Rich

I now, after fishing with Richard for the last couple of years, finally have confidence in his knots and will acually fish one of his rods without retieing LOL!

FG +2

I use it for all leaders ranging 3lb to 250lb.

Nothing better than getting snagged and every time you pop it off, the leader is still there and you only have to tie on a lure again!

Did my first attemp at a FG in the dark the other night. First go it worked and took me just over 3mins for a complete rerigg :yahoo: