Another broken rod

Catchin Jack

Well out fishing again using 6lb on a daiwa 2-4kg rod, hook a decent fish and SNAP goes the tip. Not one pflueger rod I own has broken yet!

Back to the shop for another warranty, that's what I get for not sticking with pflueger, time for another patriarch xtr, least they don't break.

post-10101-091849100 1314629241_thumb.jpg

But what's also funny is a friend bought similar rod from same store and his rod has also snapped, makes you wonder if they're seconds.......

what model ? 1 pc 2 pc ? did you high stick it (it happens, it's cool) ?

need to make sure i don't buy this stick !

Exceler it was, one piece. It broke while fighting a fish and my pfluegers cop more of a beating and never break.

Took it back this morning, same old story, gotta wait two weeks for bloody rep.

Fez, I know a good witch doctor who might be able to lift the curse

:Funny-Post:

Mate, Not one of my Pfluegers have ever broken or my Ugly Stiks and I do push their limits at times. Both the Daiwa and Akumo rods that snapped wren't even fully loaded up and they broke.

As I said in previous posts, i'll stick with what I know works in future haha.

I definitely stick with the pfluegers n ugly sticks

Had a berkley drop shot snap on me the other week ended up getting a trion

Beautiful rod and not looking back

And ugly sticks I reckn are awesome to argueably oneof the strongest rods out

I got a new ugly stick platinum awesome rod totally recommend them to

my two bobs worth anyways

Cheers

Little update, store reluctant to fix problem and have palmed problem off to Daiwa rep. Rep not in for at least week or 2.

Note to self....

1- never buy from there again and never recommend them to anyone.

2- if no exchange or refund then fair trading will become involved.

mate i stick to shimano because when my catana rod snapped, i took it down to their head office in taren point and they replaced it for me on the spot. If it was a rod failure they are pretty happy to replace it.

Though you are right about the pfluger rods, i have to president rods and over the years no issues with them.

had a heartland exploded into 4 pieces trying to lift an average tailor( done that millions of times!) took it back to the store, got it sent to Daiwa for "investigation", 2 months later the store told me they concluded that its due to misuse and warranty does not cover! Another not too happy Daiwa customer here.

had a heartland exploded into 4 pieces trying to lift an average tailor( done that millions of times!) took it back to the store, got it sent to Daiwa for "investigation", 2 months later the store told me they concluded that its due to misuse and warranty does not cover! Another not too happy Daiwa customer here.

+1

which tacklestore is giving you this diawa rep ring around?

Manufactuers and Consumers should NEVER affiliate - Its why we have a retail system

Meanwhile the grub thats calling in the Diawa rep - has already been to the bank with your cash, and probably ordered more stock from diawa..

Edited by kulch

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a a Shimano 5"6' travel rod about 2 years ago. I broke on the first use.

First and last Shimano flick rod for me. It was unused for 6 months before I took it out.

Took it back to the store and left it with them. The Shimano rep thought it was misused.

Didn't bother taking it further as the rod only cost $60.

Shimano make the excellent reels but due to the bad experience I'll stick with the Ugly Stiks.

I've got about 5 Ugly Stiks and two Silstar PowerTips about 1 to 10 years old. Never had a problem except normal wear and tear with the guides.

Yeh it's an ugly business with rods n reels and warranty, at the end of the day if he tells me bag luck then i'm off to fair trading to sort it out, it's not the cost of the rod, it's the principle. Little does he know I have 2 witnesses that were there at the time.

I'd say there's a lot of reps out there that have no idea what they're talking about, they only want to sell ice to Eskimos and get the sale etc.

I will say one thing, I have NEVER had this issue with Abu, Berkley or Pflueger gear, always good service.

Well finally got a credit for the rod and went back to what I know doesn't break and is good quality with good service.

After nearly a month of talking to the goose in the tackle store and even calling Daiwa directly I demanded an answer and went in to the shop and got a credit, I made sure I hung around and touched everything just to annoy him:biggrin2:

I spoke to Daiwa over 2 weeks ago and the shop over a month ago, BOTH passed the buck and BOTH made excuses, shame on both of them for their pathetic service, they wonder why people are going online to shop, you bypass the greedy ones.

I will say though, not all are like that and our site sponsors are always happy to help and give advice etc, a thank you to them.

On leaving the shop the person (being polite) did say no more exchanges, i just giggled to myself and reminded myself NEVER to set foot in that shop again or recommend them and as for rod manufacturer, just plain lazy!, it's all about the customer!!

Here endeth my story.....