Trout Spinning Line

G'day everyone,

I'm going to Jindabyne this weekend and am dedicating one day to trout fishing in the lake. Can anyone suggest what line i should be using on my 2-4kg spin outfit?

I'm thinking braid of around the 4lb weight. Not sure which brand would be best though? I've been using 6lb fireline for about a year now for bream, flatties, etc but am happy to try something different. I've heard powerpro is softer than fireline and it may cast a bit further.

Can anyone let me know what line they use for flicking lures around for trout?

Cheers,

Phil

I was due for some new line anyway so i decided to try the new fireline exceed. Got some 4.4lb. I cant believe how thin it is. And i like the orange colour. Hopefully i'll be able to get a few trout to test out my new rod and line.

Another question, if its windy I am planning on using powerbait instead of spinning. I've never used powerbait before so can anyone tell me what rig i should be using? As in small running ball sinker to a small swivel then 6lb leader to a hook?? That was what i was thinking. What size hook should i be using?

Cheers,

Phil

hey mate i just use the standard running sinker rig you have mentioned just go a small ball sinker to a small swivel then a long leader i would go atleast 1metre.hook sizes are probably personal opinion but i use small ones size 8-10 baitholders. if you can get some garden worms push a worm up the hook then put the power bait on the end of the hook.The best tip i can give is keep your line slack and watch your line rather than the rod tip for bites,the trout will play with the bait for a bit sometimes and will shy away if they feel resistance. goodluck