Outside Port Hacking

Yowie

Dropped a jig to the east of Jibbon Bombie at first light, no bites, so moved to the south for a drift along the bottom for a couple of sergeant baker, then snagged and a break off.

Moved a bit further south, and several dolphins swam beside the boat. As soon as I slowed down, the dolphins disappeared, so I dropped a line for bugger all bites. Started the motor and moved off and the dolphins re-appeared, followed me and disappeared again when I stopped the motor. They did this several times, until they eventually disappeared for good. At one stage a seal appeared, looked like the black fur seal that has been hanging about for several weeks, and some of the dolphins swam near it and the seal jumped out of the water. Must have thought he was under attack.

Drifted for quite a while only landing small spiky flatties and was about to move, when I hit a small patch of blue spots, landing 5 to 42cm. Drifted back over the same patch but no more, so moved several times to land one more blue spot and plenty of spikies.

Had a visit from an albatross, so I fed him some cut up pieces of bait while he was swimming next to the boat.

No surface action, unlike a couple of weeks ago when many gannets were diving for pilchards over a wide area.

Still, good to be out on the water with no-one to annoy me!

Yowie.

its always good to be out on the water and a nice feed of flattys is a bonus :thumbup: , i had the same thing happen to me last week with the dolphins , one kept on riding my bow wave and when id stop it would dissappear , seen 2 seals and a whale also , just great to be out there!!

cheers paul