Shimano Saros

rjc123

Hey raiders,

i have decided on either a stradic fi 3000 or a saros 3000. I'm leaning towards the saros as its a good $50 and still perfect for flathead and the likes. Has anyone got this reel or have any advice with it?

Tom

Hey raiders,

i have decided on either a stradic fi 3000 or a saros 3000. I'm leaning towards the saros as its a good $50 and still perfect for flathead and the likes. Has anyone got this reel or have any advice with it?

Tom

I would rather the stradic myself The 3000 is the same reel as the 2500 but with a different spool, my stradic has never missed a beat and i have landed a heap of fish on them

The main difference between the stradic and saros is the alloy body of the stradic and the stradic uses a worm drive which is alot stronger

For the 50 buck difference i would look around a few other places and you might find yourself a bettter deal or haggle them down a little if you can

cheers

Pete

I agree with Pete. I own a 2500 Stradic and it has never let me down.. I have caught big flathead and even rat kings with this reel and it hasn't skipped a beat. They are that reliable I bought one in a 4000 size for my bigger rod. I suppose it depends on how much fishing u are planning on doing.. If doing alot get the Stradic.. Hope this helps..

Sam

I've had a saros 2500 for 2 years now and it has always worked beautifully. It comes with 2 spools I have one spooled up with 8 pound braid for flathead and bream, the other is spooled with 6 kg braid for snapper it has caught fish up to 4 kg without a problem. I also recently bought a stradic 2500 and am equally happy with that.

If you want to save some bucks why not buy the 2500 as mentioned before only the spool is different and with the money you save buy a better quality braid if you need some extra line capacity.

I haven't got a 3000, but I've got the 1000 and I think it's awesome... Like it just as much as, if not more than, my Stradic 2500. Haven't hooked anything massive with it but it's taken flathead to 55cm, tailor to 40cm and bream to 35cm, had it for a year and it's still good as new :D great reel.

Yeh mate,

might go for the saros then. Sounds good enough and hopefully can stand up to some jacks up north this summer! Thanks for the replies!

I'd suggest you wait. Shimano are bringing out new model stradic's and sustains soon and the prices of the old model stradic will more than likely drop.