Beach Fishing, northern beaches

pittwaterfishing

You can try beaches on the central coast like wamberal and avoca for species like salmon and tailor both have been hot on the bite mainly on dusk but great fun to catch, i suggest using metals are the 40grams thats what ive had the most luck with. For species like bream and whiting they will start to appear on the beachs around january but thats also when the swimmers start flocking to them as well. For bream and whiting the only beach ive had consistant luck fishing is patonga in brocken bay but i usually fish early morning before the heat of the day but just about guarantee you will have some fish in the bucket if you fish with fresh live bait like yabbies which can be collected on the flats there and you also have a chance of a jew on dusk with squid or something like that.

Hope it helps

Finno

Hey Everyone

Thanks for the reply.

Suggested that Mike (pittwaterfishing) joined the site, thought i would make it a bit clearer- We're looking for some spots close to Sydney, preferably not as far as Central Coast if we don't have to. We haven't really fished beaches very seriously before, but I was thinking i could use my big reel with 25lb mono on a 10ft rod for the heavier stuff, and I have an oldish Alvey 500 of some sort, going to try and get a cheap rod for it, with maybe 10lb mono, for bream, flatties, whiting? Would this be alright? I've heard that the 5inch could be a bit small, but don't really want to get a new reel yet... Like Mike said, want to catch just about anything. Any help re spots and tackle would be really appreciated :)

Thanks

Hamish + Mike

EDIT: Might also spin some metals with the 3-6kg Trion, thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Flatboy