Fishing Closure Tallawarra

Izza

G'day raiders

Havent been on here for a while due to family matters, but would like to bring to the attention of everyone what I feel is a massive abuse of our fishing rights, I went down to one of my faveorite local spots in Dapto at the Tallawarra power station where I have fished numerous times without a problem only to be told by a jumped up power station official that the stretch of water I fish from and the land next to it is now private property, there is no signage or fencing and access to the area is through a public car park, I think this is a massive joke and should not be allowed to stand as recreational fishos fishing in the "hot water canal" do not affect the operation of the power plant in any way what so ever, the area in question is a good 400 or more meteres from the plant itself and I fail to see how fishing in that area affects the plants operation in any way, I was infromed that if I were to fish in there I would be fined for tresspasing, any advice you guys can give on what avenues I should persue to fight this bogus blockage of a great fishing area would be greatly appreciated and then once I find the right avenues to pursue the support of members of this site would be even greater appreciated, hope theres someone out there who can help me.

tight lines mateys

It depends on whether ti is private property or government land. A check at your local council of the title will tell you.

Either way, the owners rights end at the average high water mark (if I remember property law correctly, or it could be the low water mark), so boat in the channel would be acceptable unless maritime have also deemed it a no go zone.

I would be checking the title and boundaries on the land as a first step if you're really keen to fight it, but in the meantime, stay away until you get a definitive answer. If its government land then the fines for trespassing are quite stiff. If it's private they can't fine you, but they can report it to the police and press charges so its not worth putting your head on the block for.

Good luck.

cheers empty hooks I just talked to the lake illawarra authority and they informed me that it's there land and they have no problem with me fishing there as long as I clean up after myself wich I allways do so Im going to hean on into there office and get something in writing from them saying it is there land to keep on me when fishing there so that if they do try and fine me I can say no sorry this isnt your land. this was a much eaiser battle than I thought it would be haha

cheers empty hooks I just talked to the lake illawarra authority and they informed me that it's there land and they have no problem with me fishing there as long as I clean up after myself wich I allways do so Im going to hean on into there office and get something in writing from them saying it is there land to keep on me when fishing there so that if they do try and fine me I can say no sorry this isnt your land. this was a much eaiser battle than I thought it would be haha

And i was thinking that I would never get the chance to fish that area

And i was thinking that I would never get the chance to fish that area

haha well rejoice my freind for the power company has not a leg to stand on, hit me up if you ever wanna go out there I love fishing there allways garunteed something on your line!