Elvis Presley's

trev

Had heard reports from a friend who owns a tackle shop (not a sponser so wont be mentioned) that there were quite a few decent lether jackets in the harbour so decided to change tactics for today. Instead of casting hwags at bream we would fish for leatheries and take the spinning gear in case??

Loaded all the gear into the boat and car last night so all would be ready for an early start. My fishing mate Dennis was at my place at about 5:45am We had a cappacino (man I love that espresso machine) and quick look at the raider site to show Dennis what people had been catching then hit the road.

We arrived at the Margaret St ramp Woolwich just on 7am. We choose this ramp as it is not popular and I still have not the funds for new boat so am using old tinnie and launch by hand off the box trailer get too much grief at busy ramps (people are so impatient if it upsets them that much they could always donate to my boat trailer fund :1naughty: ) Whilst Dennis rigs up his rods I motor arround to the boats at the little mariner and cast 2" watermelon hawgs at boats had two hits one decent fish hook up but dropped and then nothin.

Well after that we head to leather jacket grounds arround wharfs. Using rig with sinker on bottom and two #10 long shang hooks tied on at 1 and 2 foot from sinker. Tiny bit of peeled prawn and toss in at structure. We absolutley cleaned up. We kept enough decent leather jackets to feed both families and then tossed em back. We easily caught in excess of 70 decent jackets in total for the day countless little red bream, small silver bream, 1 x 25cm groper. yakkas, small tailer, and 2 tarwhine. We decided to head towards Kelly's Bush (no it's a reserve nothin naughty :1boff:) Drifting prawn and white bait Dennis lands a 45 cm dusky flathead but that was it for drifting no other fish to the boat. By then the wind had picked up and the rain was falling lightly so we decided to head back clean the fish. 8 big leatherjackets each and Den's flathead, what a day.

Cheers and beers

Treble

Good report Trev,

A big haul!

I fish down at Clarks Pt, Woolich.

Some bream hang around the sailing club caught using running sinker with pilchard or fresh prawn. Have used bread on a no. 10 hook with small float and split shot, only little bream.

Got a trevally couple of weeks ago on slimy fillet.

Did you fish around the marina trev?

Good report Trev,

A big haul!

I fish down at Clarks Pt, Woolich.

Some bream hang around the sailing club caught using running sinker with pilchard or fresh prawn.  Have used bread on a no. 10 hook with small float and split shot, only little bream.

Got a trevally couple of weeks ago on slimy fillet.

Did you fish around the marina trev?

52193[/snapback]

Whilst my mate was rigging up I was chucking soft plastics towrds the boats at the Margaret St Marina had a couple of solid hits one hook up but none to the boat. Which is strange I don't often drop a fish once hooked on a soft plastic but???

Cheers

Trev

nice report trev, and great going on those jackets :thumbup:

i fish clarkes point for them as well (shore based) and get some whoppers there, never in big numbers though. And on light line dont they go :1yikes:

Edited by jewnut