Hairtail Social Reports

Guest bluecod

Guest bluecod

:1fishing1::05:

The Cap'n and I hit the water at about 2.30 and managed to pull some yakkas at West Head where we first saw Ankles, Darryl and Pedro. Into the Cowan system at about 3.30 and each to their chosen spots - well at least the Cap'n and myself anchored up near Looking Glass Bay in about 60 feet of water and could almost see Darryl and Pedro in Gunboat over at Yoemans Bay.

Got onto the radio and found that Basic Fisho and Brian were down in Waratah Bay and kept in touch for a while until interference meant we could hear them but they couldn't hear us - I think they eventually gave up as I heard Ben calling for a radio check.

Patl came past in his tinny and was making his way down to Waratah Bay to catch up with Basic Fisho and Brian and their cask of port.

Iain and Jimbo, Joecool, Ankles and Ehor rafted up early in Jerusalem Bay and kept in touch via VHF, though I must admit transmission quality was getting very slurred by about 8 o'clock and it had nothing to do with atmospheric conditions.

The Cap'n and myself had to pull the pin at about 8.30 [with only a chopper and a squid for the night] so we made our way over to the raft via Darryl and Pedro who had a few choppers in the kill tankand a live squid set for a jew. I think if anyone was going to do any good tonight it would likely be those two.

When we got to the others rafted up we couldn't believe Joe's thermal device - it should have been on someone's back patio - Joecool was running around the deck in his T-shirt and the others were complaining of the tropical conditions.

Photos are a bit grainy as I had to force the editing, but gives a good idea of the mess the boys have got themselves into

Joecool's heater :074::074:

post-106-1118497807_thumb.jpg

The raft

post-106-1118497828_thumb.jpg

The mother ship

post-106-1118497751_thumb.jpg

Those left on the water are planning breakfast at the Cottage Point food joint :1prop:

Edited by bluecod

:beersmile:

i'll bet by 3am everyone was in Joe's boat  :1prop:

good pics looks like a fun night was getting started  :thumbup:

looking forward to the reports of headaches, ummmm i mean hairtail  :074:

52202[/snapback]

:beersmile: Hi Guys.Well no Hairtail to report,i think Brian might have had a nibble he had the line go off hard and when he pulled in t,he Mackeral bait was chewed to a soggy mess if you know what i mean.We gave it away about

1 a.m. and left Patrick there, hope he had better luck.Hard to believe how warm it was,i have never fished a warmer night than that for Hairtail. Bluecod i thought it was my radio that was playing up,must have been a pain in the arse till i finally gave it away.Take care. :beersmile:

Edited by basic_fisho

WHoooo Hoooooo :1yikes:

I got to get me one of those to take down to Eucumbene with me next time I go winter trolling.

I think Joe has to get the Fishraider "Innovation Award" and at least a mention in the "Best Boating Accesory"

Would have loved to have been there, wouldnt you know it the batcave broke at half time and the whole session was cancelled, got to do it again. :ranting2:

Missed the Rugby and the fishing :ranting2::ranting2:

Guest Jocool

And now to add MY version of events! :074:

Let me start with saying that every one of my livies was converted 100% into Keeper Jews! :yahoo: All ONE of them! :risata: After I retired at midnight, I was woken at about 1 am to the sound of my ratchet clicking over. Picked it up, felt the weight and then set the hooks. I was getting a little bit nervous when I saw a Chrome flash a few moments later. :1yikes: For a second I thought I was dreaming. :074: Landed a well conditioned smelly fish that came home for dinner.

Thank you Bluecod for organising last night, It was a blast. I'm always keen to be in a group of fishos where I'm the only sober one! :1prop::1prop:

Ah! the mystery continues, like a good book. The elusive Mr. Haitail slides on into the depths to be chased by the relentless Fishraiders armed to the hilt with gas bottle heaters and all. :074:

Great pics chaps. Joe you're a card mate. Who would have thought of that. Where did you nick that from eh? Don't tell me you came pass Ottos's and borrowed one from their outdoor restaurant setting!!! :1yikes::risata:

Wombat :thumbup:

Guest Jocool
Where did you nick that from eh? Don't tell me you came pass Ottos's and borrowed one from their outdoor restaurant setting!!!  :1yikes:  :risata:

Wombat  :thumbup:

52233[/snapback]

SSSHHHHHH!!!!

Sounds like all had a great night. Well done Raiders.

Joe that patio/boat heater what a scream. Don't let any Whittley boat designers see it before you patent the idea.

Cheers

Treble

Got on the water about 3pm and spent the night in Waratah Bay. got two showers of rain, a light one about 9.30 and a heavier one about 11.

The boat might have looked like a party boat with a red, blue, green and purple light sticks. Got a little jew about 65 about 12.30, it took a squid bait under a purple light stick.

For the next hairtail social I think we should fish for something else.....a couple of ideas come to mind

Tasmanian Tiger

Abonimibal Snowman

Yehti

I think we would have a better chance of catching one!!!!

I usually try 2 or 3 times a year for hairtail so that is strike one.

The beers flowed liberally and I was quite tipsy after 17 beers, 4 Midori illusions and 4 Vodka Mudshakes. In the car on the way there James was telling me how he was going to try and not get too pissed but by about 10pm he was so retarded he had to go to bed!

I woke up in the middle of the night with stomach cramps, probably the result of the abovementioned cocktail of grog plus the 10 or so pieces of Kentucky Fried Chicken I'd eaten. In a panic I stumbled over to Ankles' boat to see if there was a toilet but I was not going to make it. I ended up availing myself of Ankles bowrail and blasted 2kg of effluent over the side at high pressure so if your boats have a scummy deposit around the waterline I apologise!!! I won't even go into the lack of toilet paper!!!

52241[/snapback]

now thats the sort of report i was waiting to read :074:

top read there iain

Guest bluecod
I woke up in the middle of the night with stomach cramps, probably the result of the abovementioned cocktail of grog plus the 10 or so pieces of Kentucky Fried Chicken I'd eaten. In a panic I stumbled over to Ankles' boat to see if there was a toilet but I was not going to make it. I ended up availing myself of Ankles bowrail and blasted 2kg of effluent over the side at high pressure, I enjoyed every minute and had a ball.

Cheers,

Iain

52241[/snapback]

Iain,

Everyone knows that the stresses of modern life leads to a build up of toxins in your system. I've been reliably informed that the toxins usually amount to about 1.5 kilos in weight.

Its quite apparent that the health food you partook last night together with the petrochemical haze from Joe's boat combined to bring about a major [2 kg] toxin flushing episode that you experienced. :puke:

Good to hear you boys not only survived the night without explosion but your general health also benefitted. :tease:

Guest Jocool
I've been reliably informed that the toxins usually amount to about 1.5 kilos in weight.

52255[/snapback]

Its a good thing Methane Gasses don't weigh anything....Otherwise Iain would be a mere shadow of himself!!!! :074::risata::wacko:

Guest bluecod
Its a good thing Methane Gasses don't weigh anything....Otherwise Iain would be a mere shadow of himself!!!! :074:  :risata:  :wacko:

52259[/snapback]

:074: Only if he lit a match in confined quarters :074::074:

Guest Jocool
Joe. I bet your missus is always saying,"JOE, YOU ARE AMAZING!?"

52262[/snapback]

:074::074::074: Yeah mate...she does!!! :074: Sometimes! :tease:

all I can say is thank you to all those who came out to the social.

I didn't know what I was getting myself in to but now that I know....when is the next social? :1naughty:

After you guys left, ankles and I headed out past the heads a bit and bottom bashed a bit with nothing much to report except for my first trevor, shitload of that red cod thingymabob (forgot the name ankles told me) and ankles pulled in slimey after slimey for his next trip out :risata:

Big thank you go all the fella's who turned up and especially to ankles for taking me out and also putting up with my newbie boating questions :biggrin2:

Looking forward to the next one boys. :1clap:

PS. ankles got a legal reddie @ jerusalim in the morning after jiggin joe and flyby left.

Edited by ehor

Guest Jocool
Hi Joe

Im a bit disapointed i would have expected to see the barby and the outdoor setting in the boat as well.

donfish

P.S. And the Kabab cooker as well . :074:  :074:  :074:

52287[/snapback]

To be honest Don, I was expecting company on the boat and didn't think I would have the room. But your right...I should have at least put the kebab rotator on. Could have maed a quid too! :074: Nothing like a kebab when your stonked! :risata::risata:

Good stuff guys, sounds like a you all had a ball :thumbup:

:074::074: ...at Joe...what a brilliant idea (i can say that now that u didnt explode!!) :074::074:

BTW, ive seen a couple of Jewie videos and nowhere do they mention Iains burleying technique!!! So thats the Jewfish Secret :1naughty::074::074:

well done guys, and good to see u all survived!