Hairtail Social Reports

Guest bluecod

hairtail nites.... grown boys acting like men. :074:

Sounds like another cracking night was had

cowan_moring_mist.jpg

James last pic is a classic and typifies jeruselem bay in the morning.. beautiful but COOOLLLLLD !!!!

Heard jo on 94 sunday morning and tried to raise him but was out past box and couldnt get a response back.

Guy's Iains post and his message on his special berley method reminded me of an old cartoon from a fisho mag. Sure enough page 68 in the September 1999 fishing world Magazine....

post-688-1118637939_thumb.jpg

Ok I admit that I changed a name in the pic but what a laugh eh

Cheers

Treble

Guest hottuna

My trim shit itself sat and was waiting until the evening for a replament. spent sat night fixing it and wasn`t too keen on heading round to JBAY at that time ( though i have done it before). You guys look well set up.

pitty i missed it all. So where are the hairy pics????????? :074:

dan

well i'd like to say that there is a mythical creature called a hairtail out there but at the moment it is still a mystery.

Headed out form Akuna Bay at 3pm only to return 15 minutes later with engine problems. We almost ended up on the fuel pontoon when a 50ft cruiser decided to motor past with a 1m swell coming off his bow. Some people have no idea. After a bit of fiddling about we were on our way. Arrived at Jerusalem Bay about 4pm and quickly berleyed up. 10 minutes later we were surrounded by of a school of yakkas and chopper tailor which we fill the live bait tank with. Caught 2 bream right on dusk, biggest going 32cm, both released. threw out the hairtail rigs waiting for the mythical creature but all we got where the tailor picking them to bits. sat back and sank a few beers when about 10pm i heard this yelling echoing down the bay. the only audible word was HAIRTAIL. Obviously the was a party somewhere and someone was getting a tad excited. Matt passed out at around midnight but i was still keen to keep going. 2am can i decided to hit the sack but first i'd check the baits. pulled up the livie to find 2 clean bites taken out from the underside of the bait. what could have razor sharp teeth to inflict that sort of destruction, we'll never know. woke up at 5am to a loud growling sound only to find it was my mate snooring. checked the baits again to find they had been picked clean. fished until 7.30am when we packed up and headed home.

What a great night, no rain, plenty of :beersmile: and good company.

Iain and Jimbo drove past and said g'day, nice to put a name to the face and what a sight to see Joe and his industrial sized heater in a boat, who would have though of that, only Joe. thanks to Bluecod for organizing a great social, keen to do it again soon.

Antony