Tallawarra power station (lake illawarra)

Izza

G'day Raiders

Went down for a fish with a mate at one of my fave spots on lake illawarra no keepers but in 2hours we managed about 6 or 7 bream between us all around the 15 to 20cm mark, gotta love that hot water running out to keep the fish biting through the cold weather! :yahoo:

Well done mate, this is one of my favourite flathead spots and also really good for blackfish.

A couple of years back Dad would have a bream session and manage over 100 bream no joke! (all released)

Cheers, Predator

I believe you about catching over a 100 bream there as thick as flies on pile of cow dung out there, I have caught the occasional flatty there to but I tend to fish with very light weight to avoid snags on the rocky bottom so that might be the reason of not catching as many flaty's because my bait is moving to high and fast in the water collum for them? havent seen anyone catch blackfish there before but might give it a try, just need to find somewhere to get that green weed they love so much but I might struggle as Im lead to believe most fisho's keep that secret locked up tighter than fort knox! lol

I believe you about catching over a 100 bream there as thick as flies on pile of cow dung out there, I have caught the occasional flatty there to but I tend to fish with very light weight to avoid snags on the rocky bottom so that might be the reason of not catching as many flaty's because my bait is moving to high and fast in the water collum for them? havent seen anyone catch blackfish there before but might give it a try, just need to find somewhere to get that green weed they love so much but I might struggle as Im lead to believe most fisho's keep that secret locked up tighter than fort knox! lol

Lol yeah i no what you mean about the secret keeping. I dont fish for them my self, but i see heaps of people doing it and catching good sized fish. I always see them collect the weed on both of the banks (if you were standing on the footbridge looking out at the horizon, the 2 banks on your left and right.

As for the flatties, use a squidgy or blade, thats what i get them on. If you use bait such as mullet you will also have luck but dont go too light if you use bait becuase there are some monster stingrays around lol i know first hand.

If your ever keen to meet up for a fish down there let me know.

Cheers, Predator

that it is chris cheers mate :biggrin2: thanks for the tip predator next time I go down there I'll scout round for it is it only green weed they eat because from memory most of the weed is a browny colour and definately when your around the area hit me up and we will go for a session I'll be moving down to dapto permanently in the near future so will allways be ready to fish there as it isnt even a 5minute drive :thumbup: I'll probably give some SP's a go down there a freind told me he's caught flaties of the gulp prawns Im just not to confident lure fishing at the moment as Im still saving up for a good reel that will take braid so am loaded up with 2.6kg mono it does the job ok but I think with lures youd want that extra sensitivity that braid provides along with that 0 stretch to feel any knocks and get a quick strike in, not sure if my theory is acurate but yeah give us a yell when your keen to go