A few Blackfish

the one that got away

Ill try and keep this short and simple, got an assignment due tomorrow and havent started :05:

I decided to head down to Gladsville to try and tempt some Blackfish, with my New Tsunami rod, that was soooooo kindly gave to me for free (your a legend Anthony :thumbup::thumbup: ) Started off at around 11am, fished till about 3:30pm. Caught 4 fish in total, missed two downs. Biggest was 43cm and smallest was around the 35cm mark so not bad. All were caught on Cabbage.

Cheers, Zac

post-10632-062197000 1315481514_thumb.jpg

post-10632-089923800 1315481526_thumb.jpg

post-10632-009749500 1315481705_thumb.jpg

post-10632-059873700 1315481786_thumb.jpg

post-10632-051742400 1315481851_thumb.jpg

nice fish mate!

Lol the joys of trying to take a pic of yourself with a fish. I have contemplated the best way to do this when i fish solo.

You did well though.

Cheers, Predator

p.s what excuse are you going to use for not doing the assignment? blackfish ate it? lol

Hey Predator,

Nice catch buddy. When you said you caught them with cabbage weed, did you mean the type of cabbage weed you generally get off the surf rocks, not the stringy type weed in the estuaries? Sorry for my ignorance I am just taking up black-fishing again after a long time off.

Cheers Skulli

Hey Predator,

Nice catch buddy. When you said you caught them with cabbage weed, did you mean the type of cabbage weed you generally get off the surf rocks, not the stringy type weed in the estuaries? Sorry for my ignorance I am just taking up black-fishing again after a long time off.

Cheers Skulli

Yea, the cabbage type weed that you usually get of the surf rocks, the blackfish were eating both types of weed, but the cabbage was getting the bigger fish compared to the striny type weed.

Hey Zac

Did you end up meeting an old fella down there called Dan? He would of been fising with an okuma reel and maroon daiwa rod.

If so that was my Dad.

Con

haha yea, i did. Nice bloke he was, think i over heard him talking to you one the phone and he said you said thatsomeone baggeg out in the same spot yesterday, we didnt even come close :P

Cheers, Zac